3 x Lux3 Bike light

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone posted an interesting link on an MTB forum, which i thought might be of interest:

SolidLights

Looks like it uses 3 Luxeon 3s, and can be bought with a Li-Ion battery pack. From the picture on the title page, it appears the emmiters on the sides use NX05 or Fraen LP type optics with the centre emitter using a flood optic of some sort.

mudmojo

Newly Enlightened
How about this as a less spendy alternative?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=626750&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Five Lux3's in a kit that is priced roughly at a third of what the SolidLights 40015 kit costs. You'll have to come up with your own charger and its battery source will be significantly heavier than the SolidLights Lithium Ion equipped pack but it is WAY cheaper.

This may be a big deal to those who race at night but I for one have never made a big deal about weight on my Cannondale MTB. Heck, at one point in the past, I had a 9.5Ah 12V battery on mine running at one time, about 135Watts of PIAA car lights. LOL

Maybe that would explain why I snapped 3 chains one year like little twigs.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

gessner17

Enlightened
Yes, I own that 5X3 light, very nice and very long battery life, it is by far the best economical light, I still prefer my Cateye HID though.

NamTinker

Newly Enlightened
The Soldlights have a nice feature or two:
It is designed to accommodate any battery from 7.2 to 15V. Low battery warning at 6.6V and cut-off at 6V. When available, it would also be the only light (I know of) that the customer, and not only the manufacturer, would be able to customize to his own preferences by using the software and interface. The manufacturer is going to make that available at a very reasonable price. I basically have this light rigged in parallel to my NiteRider HID using the same battery pack. And I can use al those RC 1800-3000mAh packs I have lying around!