Surefire rubber grip rings available in colors?

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
Has Surefire ever offered their rubber grip rings (C2, C3, M2, etc) in colors other than black? I'd assume they never have because I've never seen them, but it sure seems like it would be a good idea for any organization using these lights. Say, for instance, a combat unit had a bunch of M2's, some with P60 bulbs and some with P61 bulbs. Red rubber grip rings could designate P61 bulbs, and the black rings could be on the P60 equipped lights.

Anyway, just a thought. Soon I will have two C3's, and I thought it would be cool to have one with a colored grip ring, designating it as my 200 lumen light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice idea. I've wondered how to differentiate between my lights in different configurations and the idea that has come to me is to use a zip tie/twist tie in different colors as well, it's a variation on your idea. But an 'official' grip ring would be sweet. No idea how to change it though - I get the feeling it is not field replaceable.

Arizona_Dan

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire rubber grip rings available in colors

How about using wide, e.g. 1/4- or 3/8-in. colored rubber bands or colored o-rings. From Google search, appears you can buy both in variety of diameters. The trick, I suppose, would be ability to buy in reasonable quantities. Might check good office supply store for rubber bands. Cheap, durable, easily replaced.

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the tips Dan!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about having a clickie on the LOLA one for long usage and the LOTC on the HOLA one for momentary on/off?