Enlightened
What is the performance difference between the
KL1 and KL4
when mounted on a E1e body?

Thanks,
Mrdi

Phil_B

Enlightened
If you have a choice,go forthe KL4 every time.It gives a great performance and isn't that cr@ppy purple colour like the KL1.
There was a good discussion on this topic a few months back.You might try doing a search.good luck!
Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

M

MeridianTactical

The KL4 can be used on a E1E and an E2E. The KL4 is a Better choice..

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Meridian Tactical said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The KL1 is designed to be used on a E1E and an E2E. The KL4 is only designed for a 2x123 power source.

The KL1 is bright enough for a LED, has a runtime of 4 hours (on 2 cell body) and is affordable.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand, the KL4 wiil work on the E1E body sometimes, and sometimes not. When it does, it's a great little light.

hideo

Enlightened
McL4 (McGizmo modded KL4 with BB 611/R2H) is the way to go if you can find one ... Bernhard just sold one this morning

mine stomps on a KL4, but with the BB converter it can ONLY be used on 1x123

KL1s are very usable heads for most of the things you use a small task light for--and for when they're not enough, a 750 mA KL1 with a TWAK will generally do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

hideo

M

MeridianTactical

[ QUOTE ]
rastaman said:
[ QUOTE ]
Meridian Tactical said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The KL1 is designed to be used on a E1E and an E2E. The KL4 is only designed for a 2x123 power source.

The KL1 is bright enough for a LED, has a runtime of 4 hours (on 2 cell body) and is affordable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the KL1 is designed for the E1E, but search the forums for ton's of people using the KL4 on the E1E.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using a KL4 on E1, it kicks serious butt. I often move it from the E1 back to the E2 -- the ability to move the KL4 back and forth is a strength, for me.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IMHO the KL1 can also be used on 3x123 and is a much more versatile design with a greatly increased runtime than the KL4 which has more power.
If you are lucky and get a low Vf KL4 it will be a great light on 1x123 as well.
The new KL1 should have a HD, but I am not sure here. The *very* new KL1 that looks like the KL4 is not yet out, but you can see a pic at www.surefire.com

bernhard