Hurricane Charlie, lack of power.

Flow

Newly Enlightened
Hey all. DSL is finally back on. Thought I'd post about how I used my lights during the lack of power at work :p

At work I'm generally at the front gate of a cement plant directing traffic, graveyard shift.

Though they had 6 rather large generators, well, next time they won't be placed on the roof.

I cut a hole in the top of a 20oz fruit punch gatoraid and stuck an Arc AAA in the top, facing inside. Nifty makeshift stoplight.

When the large trucks started rolling through I taped my 8ax to the top of one of thoes big red traffic cones. Just twist on when there's traffic, twist off when there isn't. Bigger makeshift stoplight. The AAA I just left on.

Set the X5 pointing at the ceiling inside my little shack so I'd have light to do my paperwork.
Needed a little bit more light, to I taped some tin foil to the ceiling and pointed an X1 at it.

Connected another AAA to my clipboard (veritable accessory of the rent-a-cop stuck with a front gate post) via a BP mini clip.

Used the E2e to light up the trucks to see what they were.

Time to order some more 123's :p

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Flow, glad you made it through and got your power back on.

I love your resourcefulness and clever use of your lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I was in Englewood for the storm, didn't lose power so I had to really look for excuses to use our lights.

Those are some great tips, thanks for letting us know.

Britt

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You the man! You'd be amazed how one can inovate when one's butt is hanging out! Did any of you flashlights over heat, if so, how did they handle it?

chiphead @austin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Flow,
Very creative use of your lights. Glad to see you made it through okay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Techmedic

Enlightened
Hmmm... Thats six lights he carried with him?? I am impressed!! Gives a new meaning to "bag of tricks"

Good going Flow, and I like the gatorade bottle trick!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Thanks for sharing!

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish you luck in round two of the storms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

Harrkev

Enlightened
I am still without power at home. I have nothing useful to say. I just want to vent.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

OK. Now, I feel better.

**EDIT**
Frances is the cause of my problems right now... Charlie missed ne by a good margin.