Two Campers shot dead (8-16-04 Sonoma, Calif.)

guncollector

Enlightened
Scary stuff. Wrong place at the wrong time? Stalked? Who knows.

San Francisco Chronicle, Friday, August 20, 2004

Missing couple found on beach shot dead

Two river rafting guides set to be married next month were found shot to death in their sleeping bags on a ruged beach in Sonoma County, and authorities are baffled as to why.

Linday Cutshall, 23, of Ohio and Jason Allen, 26, of Michigan, staffers at a Christian youth camp in El Dorado County, were discovered Wednesday on Fish Head state beach, in the Russian Gulch area just north of Jeter. They had left the camp for a weekend trip to visit friends and were reported missing after they failed to return for a staff meeting.

Sonoma County Sheriff's Lt. Dave Edmonds said the couple died of gunshot wounds to the head, apparently while they slept. There was no indication of a struggle, or that their belongings were damaged or tampered with.

"This is a very disturbing case," Edmonds said. "It appears to be a terrible crime, absent of motive, so its a cause of great concern to us. From all indications, the victims were very upstanding citizens, they were very honorable people, they had absolute absence of enemies."

...snip

coachbigdog

Enlightened
It's unbelievable that someone could kill for no reason.I understand how(I was once FAAAARRR away from God),but it's still unbelievable!

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jealous X did it probably /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sadly other then spiders people are what scare me when i camp. i dont go to much any more for that reason.i may start again and bring dogs

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also become increasingly alarmed at the kinds of characters I've been seeing out in the woods. Seems like it's becoming a breeding ground for criminals, satanists, etc. who think they can get away with anything because nobody's around.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will never be able to camp again too scary
even if you have a gun you could be shot dead in your sleep
maybe I would camp with a big group of people

how about a cpf camping trip

Arizona_Dan

Newly Enlightened
That's the beauty of backpacking in remote country, the more remote the better. I can't imagine a bad guy expending the energy required to hike in 10 or more miles. Seems like random crimes, like this seems, are more crimes of opportunity.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like being far from the city as i can get. i so miss eeeing the star when ya are so far away from the city light. there so many. i miss it so much i camp arouund here sometimes but it aint the same