XO3 or T3

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Just wondering, will you prefer XO3 or T3? Which will you buy if both are available?

I prefer XO3, because it has the Inova signature shape, it has no checkering for the anodising to wear off.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
But T3 has clicky tailcap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Anyway, the CPF rule is always 'BUY BOTH'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
I think i would also go for the T3 because of the tailcap, am i the only one that has problems with the x-series tailcaps?

suppin

Newly Enlightened
I'll probably go for the T3 too. A clicky would be just a bit more convenient for me.

Though right now, there seems to be conflicting reports on how the T3 actually looks like. The pictures posted by Chris from Meridian Tactical suggests that the black X0 lookalike with knurling is actually a T2 with a 2 watter (?), while the one with the bigger head similar to the X03 is the T3 with the 3 watter. Some other websites/online stores are saying that the X0 lookalike is actually the T3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Even Maxpedition, whom "At the behest of hand-held LED light manufacturer INOVA/Emissive Energy Corp." custom made the holsters for the T1 and T3, posted pics of the X0 lookalike, together with a smaller version (that is widely agree upon as the T1) on their website. There are also no official pictures of the T-series on Inova's website, so I'm not really sure which is which at this point.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
But T3 has clicky tailcap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Anyway, the CPF rule is always 'BUY BOTH'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I still prefer the look of the X series, hopefully Inova will clarify soon.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look like this. T3 on left, XO3 on right.
inova-vi.jpg

The photo is from here. I tried to buy the T3 but the seller would only sell to Verified US PayPal addresses only & not ship out of US. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Cyril, check out this page. Seems like Inova asked Maxpedition to make some custom sheaths for the T1 and T3, and Maxpedition did, but the photos show that the supposed T3 is different from the one shown in your picture, an Meridian Tactical's... So like Sjackal said, hope that Inova can clarify this soon.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
From all accounts that I've read, the 3Watters all have the big head, regardless X03 or T3. I guess the sheaths would fit T2 as well. Perhaps at the time the photos of the sheaths were put up they didn't have a T3/X03 on hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Great pictures! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I strongly feel like i want one XO3,but now i have to ask some one who have used it some questions. How long burn time does it have? Hope it´s not only two hours like the other Inova lights in the T-series.

Northern Star

mapson

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
StEaLtH_ said:
I think i would also go for the T3 because of the tailcap, am i the only one that has problems with the x-series tailcaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm new to the Inova line of lights, what's the difference from the two tailcaps? Don't they function the same?

JML

Enlightened
The X03 tailcap switch is a temporary "on" when the rubber cap is pushed in and held in. For constant "on" you screw the tailpiece on the body all the way until it stops. To lock it out (i.e., disable the switch), you unscrew the tailcap until pushing the rubber won't turn the light on. This is the tail switch used on all the Inova lights in different sizes.

The T3 tailcap switch will "click" the light on and off when the rubber cap is pushed in, but otherwise is like the "standard" Inova switch (hence it is a "clickie"). At least this is what the few reports have said!

JML

Enlightened
It seems like the T3 will retail for $10 more than the X03. That's got to be for more than the clickie switch and the cost of checkering the body -- I wonder if it's for those differences plus the Maxpedition sheath, which retails for about $10 on the Maxpedition site. Maxpedition says the sheath won't be available until September (direct info from them, via a reply to a question I asked on the USN Forum for Triple Aught Designs).

suppin

Newly Enlightened
They're (the T-series) not officially launched yet, but there're a few places that allow you to pre-order them. Meridian Tactical being one of them. I'm sure you can google up some other stores too, just search of something like "Inova T3" you'll can't miss em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fat

Newly Enlightened
i kind of like the orginal claimed design.......uniformed round barrel.now its rumoured to be a t2-2watt.2 watt???how

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
I have to admit to being somewhat dumbfounded about the whole 2 Watt LED thing. I didn't know a 2 Watt Luxeon was even made.

suppin

Newly Enlightened
I agree with both Fat and ErickThakrar, 2 watt sounds rather strange /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The T4 rated at 4 watt is pretty unusual as well...