LED flashlight wish list.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

This is a list of things I want to include in an LED flashlight I wish to build or buy if one that matches exsists.

Tell me if I'm missing anything that might be useful. I'm an Ultra-Light Backpacker so weight, size, and resourcefulness are factors.

LED Flashlight
Ultra-Lightweight.
Light enough that it can be attached to a headband or cap and used as a headlamp. Maybe using Velcro(tm).
The rechargable AAA battery never needs to be replaced because it is recharged by a solar cell.
The flashlight can be sealed to make it waterproof since it never needs to be opened to replace the battery.
If the battery is low and power is needed immediately, the seal can be broken and the battery can be replaced with either 1 AAA or 1 AA.

HOUSING
Not Round: To prevent it from rolling around.
Textured: For good grip.
LED is protected
Lanyard Attachment
Twist Off Cap- No tools needed to replace the battery in an emergency
Bombproof: Durable plastic
Waterproof (sealed): Seal can be broken to replace the battery in an emergency
Brightly Colored: To find it easily
Glow-in-the-Dark: To find it easily in the dark
Solar Cell: Recharges the AAA battery. No need to change the battery unless there is an emergency

BATTERY
1 AAA Rechargable Battery: With a power testing strip that can be seen through the housing
Can accept 1 AA or 1 AAA Battery: AAs and AAAs are the most widely availble batteries

BUTTON
Waterproof (sealed)
One Hand Activation
Textured: For easy activation in the dark

MINI-BOARD and CHIP
DC to DC, step-up converter: Miniaturized Inverter and Coil boosts the 1.5 volts from the AAA battery to 3-4 volts needed to power the LED
Constant ON with Auto Shut-off feature: Auto Shut-off will de-activate the flashlight after 3 minutes.
Auto Shut-off Override: Hold the button down for 3 seconds to de-active the Auto Shut-Off Feature
Pulses 40 times per second to save power: The human brain cannot tell the difference between 40 pulses per second and continous light
Will not activate while the button is held down. Will only activate after the button has been released.

Optional Mini-Board and Chip Features
Constant ON High Mode with Auto Shut-off feature: Overrides the 40 pulses per second feature and overdrives the LED. Auto Shut-off will de-activate the flashlight after 3 minutes.
Constant ON Emergency Strobe Mode: 1 pulse per second for 3 seconds and repeats it every 2 seconds. No Auto Shut-off.
Press the button repeatedly to cycle through modes

Luff

Enlightened
That'll be a pretty great flashlight! When you find one, or build one, let us know ... we'll line up to get our own.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
that would be one insane flashlight. I have an adjustment to make to it though: Replace solar cell and aaa battery with a mini MEG (motionless electromagnetic generator). supposed to be in production next year.

essential magnetism converted to electrons?
http://www.rense.com/general21/free.htm

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ColdLight:
motionless electromagnetic generator<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...Brother!
rolleyes.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

remuen posted a topic about a little solar led keychain light that comes closest to my wish list. Have a look see.

Worldwide first regulated solar rechargeable keyring LED light with lithium cell

-Looks Ultra-Lightweight.
-Looks like Velcro(tm) could be attached to fasten the light to a hat or headband.
-It's solar powered.
-It's waterproof.
-It's not round.
-The LED looks mostly protected.
-It has a hole where a lanyard can be attached.
-Glow-in-the-Dark tape could be applied to it to make it easier to see in the dark.
-One hand activation.

Close, very close.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh I just came up with something I'd like to add to the wish list. The flashlight floats on water!

aso

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ColdLight:
... MEG (motionless electromagnetic generator)... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the website neglects to tell us is that the MEG requires the invention of the FLUX CAPACITOR first.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
The light MUST NOT break the laws of physics. I'm going to need to start explaining things to my daughter soon, and I don't need that particular headache.

BUT, this new "perfect" little light must have the capacity to stand on its tail end in candle mode.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>What is somewhat astonishing to me is the discovery by Bearden et. al. that time itself is actually compressed energy, and that this free energy is actually coming from the time domain, the ocean of longitudinal EM waves which fill the empty vacuum of spacetime. In fact, time is energy compressed by the same factor that matter is compressed energy: the speed-of-light squared. Thus there is a new companion to Einstein's E=mc2. Can you say "E equals delta-tee-cee-squared?" The "tee" is time and delta-tee is change in time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This raises all kinds of potential disturbing problems. One possible effect of tapping into this so-called temporal energy matrix would be the disturbance of the normal progression and flow of time as we know it, kind of like sticking a redwood tree in the side of a 747 and expecting it to not deviate one iota off course. Disturbing normal space-time by sticking a giant IV needle in its side to syphon off "energy" might cause problems not just for our star system, but for the universe as a whole.

I think sticking to batteries (in some form or other) for the flashlight of the future is the best course of action. I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for speeding up stellar evolution by a trillion billion billion times or causing time itself to grind to a halt; whereupon only a temporally-aware species (assuming such exists) would be able to repair the damage.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Would someone here with experience put me in contact with someone that would be interested in hearing these suggestions on an LED flashlight? I'm considering sending it to the ARC folks since they seem to be open to suggestion. Any ideas?