They f**** my order!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

On 10/3/00 I placed an order by phone for flashlights at a cost of more than $400.00 and receive a email the next day confirming my order with the details, UPS tracking #, and my shipping address.

Using the UPS tracking # I was monitoring the arrival of the package which was supposedly on 10/6/00. The arrival date came and I was waiting for the UPS delivery but nothing came and when I checked UPS package tracking website the package had been delivered to San Jose, California.

I waited for the weekend, Columbus Day and Yom Kippur holiday to pass and phoned them to ask what happened to my order. Was able to speak to one their staff, I asked to speak to the supervisor after a few minutes of talking to her, she said she is the supervisor but cannot give me a definite decisive resolution to my complaint. From her hesitation to explain to me clearly what really happened to my order I get a feeling that she's covering for her co-worker.

I decided to call again and spoke to a different guy and I asked to speak to the manager, this guy passed my call to another guy from customer service who explained to me that their shipping guy made a mistake in labeling from the order number and hence my package went to a different address (to California, I'm in NY). Btw, I also asked this guy if the lady I spoke with earlier is the supervisor. She lied to me.

Oh that recipient must have felt lucky receiving those Surefires 9Z, 12ZM, Hurricane and LSI Nite Tracker along with their replacement lamps. This guy promised to ship my order today and will (I demanded for that) email to me the UPS package tracking number.

It is already 11:50 pm NY time and probably 8:50 pm in California, and still I have not received any email with the UPS tracking # from them.

I was really hesitant to buy stuffs from this kind internet store because it doesn't have a business post office address. From my more than 3 years of internet buying experience I have learned to be wary of online stores without a verifiable post office address, online stores who are just using P.O. Box for their business address, or those who just show phone/fax numbers and emails. Phone conversations/promises can easily be denied while emails can be ignored or blocked, also lot of work for me to prove they are ignored or blocked. But, a mail that is registered or certified can be a proof that is very difficult for them to deny/block/ignore (learned this from a lawyer).

I know I can still call my credit card and ask for reversal of charges (charged the day I placed the order) if I decided to cancel the order but still I don't feel good about this. They ****ed-up, I complain, they **** me more. Got careless, let my guards down, and this is what happened to me.

------------------
2d_edge

Brock

Flashaholic
I hate to ask, and understand if you don't want to say, or maybe shouldn't say, but who was it? I had a similar problem with a light order, (and I order a LOT of lights) after 5 calls over two days they decided to just cancel my order and refund my $$$ to my card. They then told me to call the order center back and replace the order HA, that's not going to happen. I have gotten the light from another place. I don't know if I should say who it was or not either...

Brock

Harri

Newly Enlightened
Excuse me, but why should you not reveal who this was?
I've was more active a while back on the BladeForums (currently I'm just lurking there anymore). They had a separate forum called the Good, Bad and the Ugly, which was set up just for this kind of stuff.

Please tell us about these bad services! There are others that are going to do bussiness with the same shops - I might be! - and they might also be treated the same way. Guess how hard it would be for me to try to solve a situation like this from Europe!
But also remember, that the situation does evolve - so if the company fixes the situation later on, then follow up on your post and explain the fix. That way we all know the story and can make decisions about doing bussiness with them.

Harri Suvanto, Finland

Size15's

Flashaholic
This is very worrying!

I'm just about to place a $525 order with Botach. I've been in constant email contact with then checking and rechecking that they have the SureFire E1 and the other stuff I want. "Yes Sir. We do." Well I'm all set to make the order but the form doesn't like the Zip Code, so I'm waiting on Botach to sort this out.

I hope that a)It's not Botach that's ****ing you around, b)That they don't try ****ing with me, and c)If they are the ones you both speak of, they get their ****ing act together!

P L E A S E tell us which are the good and which are the bad. Also tell us if the situation was resolved, and whether you'd use them again in the future!

Thanks

Alastair

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Size15s on 10-11-2000 at 01:40 AM</font>

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
For now I want to keep the number of forums here low. So this forum is currently a good place to vent and warn about bad customer service.

I have many more planned and even ready to go. But will not add any new forums for now.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Harri

Newly Enlightened
DavidW, I didn't want to imply that you should set up a similar forum here. It was just for example that people are really warning others about bad online shops. I definity agree that you don't need to put a separate forum up just for that here (at least not yet, with this traffic...
smile.gif
).

Harri Suvanto

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Harri on 10-12-2000 at 02:57 AM</font>

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
We'll have to deal on a case by case basis. Right now I don't care if you name names. Although I'd like to see an attempt at getting satisfaction from the dealer in every case.

Harry, I wasn't sure. But you gave me an opening to state my position.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Brock

Flashaholic
Well I had problems with Botach. I think they are basically a good company, but they are growing way to fast and can't seem to keep up. I guess the real problem I have is they have lied to me. I have called back a couple of days later and found out nothing was done with my order even though the last person I had spoke with said it was all taken care of. For that reason I can't go back to them. I really hope they get better. They just sent me a 5% off e-mail trying to get me back.

Brock

Bucky

Enlightened
I am sorry to say that I have had problems with Botach too. When I first became aware of Surefire lights about a year or so ago I found the Botach site and ordered a 9P and Nylon Holster. The order arrived in a reasonable time, but the problem was they charged my credit card twice for the same shipment. I had a heck of a time getting that second charge off my bill and after dealing with Botach several times on the phone, they instructed me that I would have to write a letter to my bank to solve the problem. I did write a letter and the dispute was resolved, but really with no thanks to Botach. They told me that they could do nothing about it from their end. The bank later informed me that it was the fault of Botach, which I believe as I have never been double-charged for any purchase before or since from any bank. That kind of mistake most times is the fault of the company not the bank.

I must admit though that over the summer when Botach had everything on sale I did purchase a Surefire M2 and P91 lamp for my 9P from them and I had no problem.

Obviously no company has a perfect record with regard to orders and customer service, but from my experience and the other ones stated here, I think it is fair to say that Botach has more problems than most. The prices at Botach are very competitive though, especially when they have a sale. I guess you have to weigh the lower prices versus the chances of having a problem with your order. For me I was willing to try them again, and I had no problem. Without that sale though, I would have never bought from them again.

Bucky

Size15's

Flashaholic
I ordered $437 (inc $50 postage) from Botach on 21/04/99. Everything was fine. Quick: - everything I ordered was there and in one working piece.

Great.

So I try to use them again. This time I want $525 of stuff PLUS postage. I want to send it to the same address.

Guess What?!

The Zip code is not valid. So I email them, and guess what?! No reply. Here's me with a $575 order, and they don't seem interested!

I'm running on a tight time frame as my girlfriend is collecting it and bringing it back thus avoiding postage to and in the UK and what have you.

If I order it through any other company, they don't have the stuff I want, and it's atleast $75 more expensive. I want to use Botach. They better get their act together cos otherwise, it'll be January before I'm in the States and to collect an order!

It's now 15:00 in LA, so I'll email them. They SHOULD be there! I MIGHT even PHONE. From the UK! Am I crazy?!

No. (Well Yes, But) I want my stuff!

Alastair

Brock

Flashaholic
Wow, I thought it was just a fluke that I had with them. I wonder how they stay in business doing that as much as they seem to be doing. I guess it is because when they have a sale it can't be beat. I guess if the company has no customer service then they can charge less for their items.
smile.gif

Brock

Size15's

Flashaholic
Am I a complete mug?!

Last night I made a $525 order at Botach.
I hope they can ship it on Friday since they start at 5am (like 5am in the morning, WHY?)

I should then get an email from them...
Will I be waiting until Monday for that email?

I need my order to reach it's destination by Friday 20th at the very latest. Please help me by praying to any God/Gods/Women that take your particular fancy!

So now I wait...

Like I say, They'll be putting my order together on Friday 13th. In England, it's a fullmoon today on Friday 13th.

What Have I Done?!

Alastair

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Botach has been excellent with me, superfast delivery of the correct stuff - until my last order.
I ordered a Stealthlight (during the sale) and they called to ask if I could wait 2 weeks for a yellow one (black was immediately available) - I said I'd wait. I got two more calls asking if I wanted to wait, again. I called back saying yes I'll wait for the yellow Stealth, but so far no call backs from Botach or answers to email inquiries as to where abouts of the yellow Stealthlite - it has been a month or more, so far...I just now called them again, no answer - just a machine, as usual lately - it is business hours for them now-I ordered the light Sept. 6th -- how can I recommend Botach to anyone now??? ----------->here's how: UPS just delivered my Yellow rechargeable Stealthlite from Botach!! Do you think they could have read my post??.........nawww!!
Well as Emily Littela used t' say: "nevermind..."

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Ted on 10-12-2000 at 01:17 PM</font>

Size15's

Flashaholic
I just got an email from Botach telling me that my order was being processed.

I hope they have everything I asked for, put it in a box and send it so it arrives in time!

Maybe it's cos I made a fuss. Maybe it's cos I spend $525. Maybe it's cos they visit the forums. I know that I would if I was a retailer. Especially an Online Retailer!!

I've got new DL123As in my 12PM...Ready for any trouble that a Full Moon on Friday 13th may bring!!

Alastair
(crossing his fingers!)

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Size15s on 10-13-2000 at 02:30 PM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My order arrived yesterday less the 2 replacement bulbs for the LSI 3800. According to them that item was back-ordered and on 10/12/00 I phoned and cancelled my order for those 2 bulbs. It has been 6 days since I cancelled my order for those LSI 3800 replacement bulbs and my credit card has not received the $22.00 credit.
I get a feeling that they're really enjoying screwing me up. To say it again, they f***** up... I complain....they f*** me more.
The message they're conveying to me is... if they mess up, be silent and do not complain or they'll make it difficult for you to cancel and get a refund. They will not respond to my email messages of order cancellation. Why? Because maybe email is one form of (solid evidence) document I can send to my credit card. They are smart!

2 things I can say to describe my feelings for this store.

1. Their concept of customer service is limited to taking your orders only or listening to you while you place an order. Thats it!
2. Can't wait to get my transaction get done with then get away and stay away from this store.

Some of you folks might say your transaction with them went smoothly. Well, of course that's because there was no problem. Just wait till you unluckily get a hitch in your order and then experience for yourself their brand of customer service.

I figure most of you folks already know which store I was talking about, if you're still not sure send me email.

------------------
2d_edge

Craig720

Enlightened
I placed an order with Botach myself just the other day. Bought a white Photon II. I'll let you know how it goes. If I have any trouble, I'll go back to Hosfelt.

Size15's

Flashaholic
After finding my credit card bill was about $50 less than I thought it should be, I'm concerned that Botach has not put in and charged me for something.

I'm assuming it's about $50 dollars as they're charged me £35 less which is about $50. Unless the exchange rate has worked very well in my favour!

The positive side of the story could be that I've got everything I've ordered they've undercharged me, but seriously, I think they've messed it up until I hear otherwise!

So I email them asking for a list of the items sent, and when they sent the order.
I email them again.

I FAX them. No reply...yet...

They should have got the fax...

All I want is confirmation of a few things!!

I want a SureFire E1 which is about $50 dollars or so.

I'm waiting until it's overdue at it's destination before I start to get even more pissed off.

Alastair

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Size15s on 10-18-2000 at 02:26 PM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My LSI NiteTracker 3800 arrived yesterday along with the Surefires. After a inspection of the NiteTracker a while ago I found these....

Front Trigger Guard
View

Under Bezel
View

Under Trigger Guard
View

I'm wondering if anyone who ordered this LSI NiteTracker 3800 also have these features (factory defect?). Unlike with Surefire whose box was plastic sealed, LSI was not sealed in any way, and they could have inspected the product before shipping.

I have not informed the store about this and I'm seriously thinking of letting it go as my lost. I've had too much already and to get away from them is all I want now.

Oh no! Still have to get my $22.00 refund for the cancelled order of 2 pcs. NiteTracker replacement bulbs. I'm still waiting for the credit back confirmation email from them. Whatever savings I supposedly gained (with their low price) had been lost, and much more.

------------------
2d_edge

Size15's

Flashaholic
If the "store" you ordered from is indeed Botach, then I'm very worried that my order will not reach it's destination in time. I'm also worried that it will not have everything I've asked for.

The broken LSI NiteTracker 3800 may well be a factory problem. This sort of thing should have been found before the factory shipped them if that's the case.

I would email LSI with the photos, and explain that you've got a problem with your vendor not being very co-operative, and can you get a replacement through them instead. If not, can they LSI put pressure on your vendor to contact you about a replacement...

It can't hurt to ask.

Al.

P.S.

What do you think of your SureFires?
Which ones did you get?