Arc 4+ on Cops the TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microxot

Newly Enlightened
I was sitting down watching Cops tonight when I noticed something (and thanks to Tivo/PVR) so I rewound and paused. Sure enough, one of the officers (from
Passaic County, New Jersey) had one in his hand and then cliped it to his belt - I guess people do use the clip!)

Just thought it was interesting to see. Not great for advertising since you have to know what your looking for.

Burleigh

raggie33

*the raggedier*
how did i miss that i always watch for what lights there useing. there is one cop he is in a lot of epsodes he has to be a flashoholic cause man i always seem him with a diff light every time. he was the one who went after that guy who got the drugs off bridge and ran

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats pretty cool. I didn't think Arc was in the mainstream yet (i.e. non-flashlight hobbyists using them). Perhaps if more police departments use them, it will trickle over to civilians. I'd like to see Arc get bigger, so that hopefully their long-term sucess will be excellent.

jtice

Flashaholic
hmm, I am actually suprised by that.
I wouldnt expect it to be known enough yet,
But, as said above, he could be a CPF member /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I saw a Surefire E1e on COPS today actually.

Wave

Newly Enlightened
I use an ARC-LSL all the time on patrol. I recently lent it out to a friend that is shipping out to Iraq for BlackWater Security.

"Wave" - NYPD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure if he were a CPFer, he would have told us in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Microxot

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
he was the one who went after that guy who got the drugs off bridge and ran

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the same episode. Cause when the guy ran, the threw the drugs down. When the came back to search for the drugs, the Corporal was using a different flashlight at that point.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
i dont think it was a arc 4 it appeared to be a e1e. you can see the tear drop cutouts if you watch again

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I carry a modded LSL,courtesy of LitFuse,every night on duty.I think most officers who work nights put much more into their lights than day shift officers do.
My light is one of my most used tools and I mostly use my Commander incandescent as it is a longer throw however my trusty ARC is great as a back up.Many on my shift are slowly being converted to flashaholics with the LED gaining popularity.I feel a light is just like any other tool on my belt and I must be able to depend on it to work when I need it.I mean consider a building search with an armed suspect inside.I want to see him before he sees me so a light for duty is critical and I want the best.I like my ARC for a feeling of security if my main light fails at a critical moment.Plus it just looks cool on my belt..hehe
Honestly many officers on nights are now carrying some high dollar lights and several I work with have ARCs as a back up.The Tiger Light is also pretty popular as a main carry item however the Stinger still wins out with most.
I have always wondered if ARC had any future plans to offer a rechargeable high power version aimed at the law enforcement community.....that would be very nice but there is a lot of stiff competition in this market.

Frangible

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
I mean consider a building search with an armed suspect inside.I want to see him before he sees me

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you guys (LEOs) considered using night vision? Just seems like that would be the perfect application for it.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
in my experience (which isnt very much) night vision gear doesnt have a wide enough field of view to be used inside - it works great at longer distances (20+ metres) but inside it doesnt allow you too see as much as a flashlight would

Microxot

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
i dont think it was a arc 4 it appeared to be a e1e. you can see the tear drop cutouts if you watch again

[/ QUOTE ]

I got out my Arc 4+ and replayed the segment. It looks just like what I am holding. I am not sure what an e1e looks like. Maybe we were watching different episodes?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Frangible yes I have considered the night vision stuff however my dept,like others,is not ready to put forth the cost for this.My fire dept friends have thermal vision and this is incredible for finding someone in a dark building.This thermal system is even more costly than the night vision.
I think that a good light is just as important as a good firearm on duty.I was suprised to find some officers carrying that ugly 2-d aluminum looking camping light on duty when I started 7 years past.It seems that now many younger officers are leaning more towards higher end lights and Surefire is one favorite along with Stinger.I feel if a quality company would make another light available it would sale very well if the marketing was good.I am all about reliability and my ARCs have never let me down so I endorse them to any officer who asks "whats that little light on your belt" and show them the joy of a quality lighting tool...hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts