Q: "New" Garrity LED Aluminum Flashlight

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q: \"New\" Garrity LED Aluminum Flashlight

At the San Bernadino Walmart, I picked up a couple Garrity LED Aluminum brand flashlights. They are very bright little "lightsabers" and really nice lights for $12.97. I've never run across these before, and the package says "NEW".
Anyway, they have an optic with a very tight beam a la the Inova X1. They're actually short but fat lights, with a tube diameter that contains a 3AAA side-by-side battery pack. The light seems to be very tough, and comes with a lanyard and pouch. The bezel unscrews and exposes the single white Nichia LED. I'm wondering if it would be possible to directly substitute a green LED? Any opinions?

Also, anyone care to speculate what would happen to the white Nichia LED if I substituted 2-3 volt CR2 lithium cells inside a short length of rubber tubing (a la a 3-123 lithium mod in a Mag 2C). Would the LED likely burn out or would the additional 1.5 v overdrive likely not hurt the LED at all?

Anyone else have any experience with this light?

Thanks.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Q: \"New\" Garrity LED Aluminum Flashlight

I got three (see my I went a little crazy on buying LED light's thread) i dig the light.very solid feeling and as bright or a little more then my inova X-1 i bought same day. VDG