The Fenix-Store        

Thread: 5 or 7 green LED light with tight beam?

Flashaholic*

Default 5 or 7 green LED light with tight beam?

I'm looking for a 5 or 7 (preferably 7) green LED flashlight with a very tight beam. I emailed Peak LED Solutions custom shop about getting a custom head made for my CR123 body. For some reason, I don't think they list any green LED lights on their site.

Nightcutter does list green LED flashlights. Does anyone have a green 5 LED Nightcutter Sportlight? If so, how does the beamwidth compare to a 7 LED CR123 Peak Solutions LED light? My white LED Peak light has a very nice tight beam.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Flashaholic

Default Re: 5 or 7 green LED light with tight beam?

I bought an Inova XT5 in green led and it was horrible...very
    many rings, and a dark center spot. I called the dealer to ask
    about replacement and he said just return it for a refund...as
    allof the green XT5's had similar problems. he said it had to do with the green LEDS in general. This is just my own personal experience. Maybe one of the many more experienced members of CPF can help. I know would like the same thing also if the quality of the beam is better.

My blue LED Inova X5 has a ringy, distinctly artifact-filled beam; this is characteristic of non-phosphor LEDs and does not in and of itself indicate a problem with the flashlight.

In fact, the narrower the beam is, the crappier it will appear. Narrow beam LEDs of 10° or less will tend to show a squarish central hotspot with a circular ring surrounding that.

Flashaholic

I agree my green and blue X5 have a poor beam compared to the white X5, but I love them anyway.

Here's a photograph of my blue LED Inova X5's beam against a wall approximately four feet away:

Note the rings and other artifacts.
    This is perfectly normal for five non-phosphor 5mm round LEDs used together.

Flashaholic*

Yes, ringy or not, I'd (respectfully) like to bring this thread back on topic, which is helping me find a 5 or 7 green LED light with a very tight beam, so I repeat:

[ QUOTE ]
    sotto said: Does anyone have a green 5 LED Nightcutter Sportlight? If so, how does the beamwidth (and brightness) compare to a 7 LED CR123 Peak Solutions LED light? My white LED Peak light has a very nice tight beam, and I'd like to duplicate or improve upon it with a green LED light.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 5W green in mag reflector. Heh. Perhaps a LuxIII green in mag refecltor? Probably the tighest farthest throwing single green led...
    Other than the ones mentioned, I'm not aware of any other green led flashlights.

I think you will have to go LUX in a reflector to get what you want.

I have a number of multi-LED lights, and ain't a single solitary one of them with any throw to speak of.

And it matters not if they are inset or not.

The only multi light I have that does any throwing is a Brinkmann 2D 4LED, and it only does so through focusing lenses.