Ultra Neato LED Bike Things

mekki

Newly Enlightened
Poor netiquette to bump this, I know, but c'mon
shocked.gif
aren't these neat?

I can't be the only one who is seduced by psychedelic LED lights, can I?
confused.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
I wouldn't mind a couple of those...

Here is a mod that I did to my bike wheel a while ago. Just two leds, small 12v batt, clear plastic tube and lots of tape.

YC

Andrew

Newly Enlightened
They look really nifty, and i'm tempted to get one or two for my bike. However, I haven't seen any reviews of these, and the web site doesn't have too much info. I'm most concerned about durability since something you stick in your wheels can be dangerous if it falls off of the mounting.

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how well one of these things would mount to a fan blade in a box fan, or something similar.

About 10 years ago a friend showed me a small black box, about 12" square, and inside was a spinning armeture with red and green LEDs on it. It had an internal mic with adjustable sensitivity and pulsated to the beat of the music. As the arm spun, the LEDs would change patterns and make different shapes and images. Ever since then I've been on the lookout for something like it. I work as a DJ for school dances, company parties and such, and if I could find a product like this, I'd be happy as a pig in slop.

Cheers!