I cant wait for fall/winter

matt_j

Enlightened
I hate hot weather... I wish it was cold allready. I wish I could go outside without sweating my a** off.

Damn it.

Maybe I should move... Any paramedics job in Maine?

Matt in Brooklyn NY

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
They have the Christmas tree lighting ceremony and the Bon Marche Star lighting ceremony at Westlake Park here in Seattle the day after Thanksgiving every year. And yes, I intend to laser both ceremonies with a high-powered green laser pointer like I've done in years past. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Maybe I'll also try to laser the ceremonies with a yellow laser pointer this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
AH YES! My sentiments almost exacty, except I don't want to speed up Summer to get to Fall. I am very much looking forward to Fall and Winter, but the wait is part of what makes it so enjoyable. Plus there are plenty of great things about this time of year. Try to enjoy it! I mean, you can't do much about it, can you?

But anyway, yeah, I dream and muse about Fall and early Winter all year round. Such a great time of year.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Finally people who think just like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
When it's cold, you can wear proper clothing so you can edc more lights, you can think better and sleep better.

And most important of all, dark at 7/8pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'll join the "I hate summer" club as well. Summer is heat, humidity, insects, noisy, smelly air conditioners, smelly polluted air. I can't wait for fall to come so I can ride my bike more than a few times a week (if that). The only good thing about summer is we grow our own vegetables so I don't have to eat lousy store bought tomatoes. And there's more hours of daylight (although even that point can be debated among flashaholics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). Bring on fall, bring on cold weather, bring on snow!

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I am personally not looking forward to leaving work after dark and I am not crazy about the cold weather. Fall is great, but winter is no fun for me even in the relatively southern state of North Carolina.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone should just move to Colorado with me. It's already fall here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif
*brrrrrr*
break out the sweaters....

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I too hate July-Sept! My garage gets to ~100F most every afternoon (long story) and I don't like standing in a puddle of my own sweat! Hurry tf up October!

Larry

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
Everyone should just move to Colorado with me. It's already fall here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif
*brrrrrr*

[/ QUOTE ]

I frequently check the weather for Colorado Springs. No doubt you guys have it made. A friend of mine lives there and is always trying to get me to come visit, sure sounds nice.

It stays hot here until early October. Once college football starts on Labor Day weekend then the heat doesn't seem to bother me nearly as much. Hook em Horns!

rodfran

Enlightened
I am ready for fall and winter.
Around here that equates to highs in the 70`s F and lows in the 40`s and 50`s F. Maybe a couple of light freezes each winter.

However, the summer is good for growing lots of tomatoes and peppers.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
yes i cant wait- i feel cheated though this year. i love NC in the fall and winter and what do i do- i spent summer here(wonderful mind you) but just as fall starts BAM i go back to Arc. ah the sacrifice i make for my career. heheh. if thats the worst i endure in life ill take it happily.

capnal

Enlightened
I look foward to the start of fall much in the same way little kids do the arrival of Santa Claus. The older I get (just turned 32) the more I hate summer. I remember even as a kid hating it. Being hot and miserable all the time. Lots of people keep telling me that the older I get the more I will look foward to warm weather and want to stay away from the cold. Hell, nothing could be further from the truth as far as I am concerned. In fact, why am I still living in this hot a** state, Texas, anyway?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My county, in Wisconsin, juts out into Lake Michigan about seven miles. We broke 80F. only four times (in July) this summer it's been in the 60's most of August. The lake breeze mitigates the need for air conditioning.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I think is funny is that at the beginning of Summer, 80 feels hot and by the end of Summer, 80 feels cool. Same thing with cold weather in the Winter. It's like you get acclaimated to the season only as it is ending.

But if you want to talk about a great season, you can hardly beat the Spring.

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
*brrrrrr*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, Co.Springs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I found Colorado to have a near perfect climate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Nice warm and dry summers, cools down at night, and winters with snow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I wonder how the Garden of the Gods looks like in the winter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif