Versalux PR-2 Uses in tech20 and maglite

MagLED II

Newly Enlightened
I have been lurking for a while and enjoy this forum a lot. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here! I want to talk about the Versalux PR-2 Replacement LED bulb for two cell lights. It is a 2.85v 100ma device. Warning: do not use with Lithium batteries. There is an inverter to boost the voltage. The device will function on as little as .7 volts according to
nullTech associates home page

I have used the Versalux bulb in a 2c Mag, 2d Mag, Pt Solo, and a PT Tec20. It has preformed brilliantly. I am going to do a mini review of these lights.

PT Tec20 And Solo W/ textured reflector:
These lights use the same lamp and reflectors. The Tec20 has a poor reputation on this forum. The light does not really disserve this reputation. I have found that with the Versalux PR-2 in place the light makes a great task light. The corona is very bright with a somewhat dim center spot. The corona is the brightest that I have encountered. This would be a good blackout light or one to use to work on a piece of equipment. This light is made for short range tasks IMHO. I carry the Tec20 as an EDC along with my ARC AAA. These should be quite useful for any situation that I might find myself in.

The Solo uses the same reflector and bulb. I use the Solo to pre-trip my bus and as a car light. It will be a lot easier to change a flat in the dark if I don't have to hold a regular flashlight. These are not the lights to choose to light up a tree line a ½ mile away. For short range tasks they excel, though.

Maglite 2C and 2D:

2C: The Versalux PR-2 is a perfect replacement for the 2C lights Krypton bulb. It has proven just as capable as the stock bulb. When I tested them against each other the krypton was very yellow. It was also a tad brighter. The Versalux give off a whitish light with a tint of violet. Great color rendition. The light seemed brighter to me. This is my heavy duty house light. It will also travel with me should I need a larger light. I have the original bulb in the tail cap.

2D: the Versalux PR-2 is somewhat inferior to the stock bulb. Still useful though. I keep a halogen bulb in the tail cap. This one is on the night stand for duty as a " club with a Bulb".

franken2

Newly Enlightened
i use the ledtronics led bulb in 4d mag. throws a small spot a long ways and is my last resort for longevity,it stays in the hall closet. in/around my nightstand are,original eternalight,pal onestar,pt attitude,brinkmann rebel,energizer foldig led,turtle-lite 2,zzz lite,sauce lightwand,arc aaa and mini flash-led. a couple brinkmann long-life here and there. an infinity is on the way and the inova 5 may be on order, just in case
smile.gif
p.s. the sauce lightwand switch on an arc aaa would be really nice!