Report Dead Crow?

flashlite

Enlightened
I just found a dead crow in my back yard so I immediately suspect West Nile Virus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif. I called the CDC, who referred me to my state health agency, who referred me to my local heath agency, who asked me to bring it to them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif. I turns out that they're still interested in testing dead birds for West Nile but all they want to do is log it in a book. Can't decide if it's worth the trouble.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
West Nile killed all the crows in my area. I live by a couple of cemeteries with drainage ponds on the southwest side of Chicago. CDC did a study out here 2 years ago and the area is loaded with West Nile virus.

My area was over run with crows. Since West Nile hit they are all gone. Which is nice but spooky at first.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Here in NC West Nile virus has also become quite common. I've heard that the state health department has stopped its testing program because they know it will be found and knowing so makes no difference. Apparently this virus seldom causes serious problems for people, therefore this tax saving move.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear that Crows and Ravins are particularly susceptable. In my area they've asked people to be on the lookout for these species of dead birds.

GregR

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Breast them out, a little bacon wrapped around them and grilled - yummy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've met a few morons who'd think, "Well, if it's only a couple of people who die of West Nile each year and I might be bothered..."

Yeah, I'd report it and not wait. It's important to track the spread of this disease. Our health dept. is set up to take the info.

-(a different) Craig

kubolaw

Enlightened
Oh my gosh, my heart was in my throat when I saw this subject line - I thought it might be referring to our Jack Crow. Not that West Nile isn't a serious concern, but I was still relieved upon reading the first post.

John

PS It probably would be a good idea to take the bird in, even though it seems to me that the agency should be the one picking it up so that they can also survey the scene.

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
HI all,
Yeah, I reacted to 'Dead Crow' too.

Im thinking, what do they know that I don't.

Anyhow, still intact.

Have not been issued an orange tee shirt for the beheading.

Been quiet here for a few days. Not argueing with success. Got some good movies at the Mart of Hajji. Been puting some items on the drive for the radio station. Like Dirty Harry's "Do you feel luckey punk". Stuff from the Dilbert TV show. Mr Peabody 1 to 7 make good radio plays as well.
Got clips from SpaceBalls the Movie, Dark Star, Dr Strangelove, and Airplane!

Did a recording session with the LTC that runs our combat stress team. Give these a read.......

Clip from Dr Strangelove where General Ripper states "I can no longer sit back and allow….." then we hear this....

"If you feeling put upon by the pressures of modern life and fluoridated water.
Call us, the 19xxth Combat stress unit located in the trailer quad in greater down town Scania.

LTC L and staff are ready and willing to help you with all your problems in dealing with reality.

This week there will be a class in folding tin foil hats, to block the CIA mind control beams. We also provide a field handbook for the proper spotting black helicopters.

Come on in, we love paranoid people. Or call at 837 1028.
Results guaranteed or your psychosis back.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Are you troubled?
The world simply isn't as much fun as it used to be.
No place to go out and play.

Bad dreams?
Like you're stuck in the Army and can't find an exit.

Delusions?
As if there is someone in charge who has a clue.

Deeply concerned about the situation?
Like a puppy waiting for supper.

Well you should be. That's normal.
Iraq is not at all an easy place to spend ones days.

On the other hand, if you think you can do something about the bad dreams, delusions, and concerns, we can help. Give LTC L a call at the 19xxth combat stress team. Try extension xxxx 1028 for a voice that's paid to be nice at you.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Rocket J. Squirrl's secret message from a flounder message sound bumper… then

The following program is sponsored in part by the 19xxth combat stress unit located on the trailer quad in greater downtown Scania. Come in, spill your guts, let somebody else hear your problems. Earn prizes for the 'psychosis of the week'. Get your photo in the camp news letter.
If you're a paranoid stop here, because you know it's true.
The rest of you, call extension 1028 and ask for LTC L and staff.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

September is national mental health month If your going to have a problem, have one now and avoid the rush during the holidays.
Tip for the week, Take your meds.
If you got em, take em.

This message brought to you by the 19xxth Combat stress team. Located on the trailer quad in greater down town Scania.If you need information on popular antipsychotic drugs, call us at extension 1028.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

This is LTC L of the 19xxth Combat Stress Team located on the trailer quad in greater down town Scania.
Help us celebrate National Mental Health Month this September.
At our 'mind fair' you can
Pin the tail on the paranoid.
Dunk for bi-polars.
Pick arguments with peoples imaginary friends.
Ring toss the catatonic.
Learn to crush egos at our antagonist's awareness seminar.
And visit our medications court.
Sample the latest and greatest in modern pharmacology.
If this sounds good to you,
Call us at extension 1028 for an appointment.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………

This is LTC L of the 19xxth Combat Stress Team located in the trailer court in greater down town Scania.

This is a message for who ever stole our 'net'.
September is national mental health month.
Our busy season!
How could you!
Bring it back.
We need it here for treatment of the most extreme cases of mental health defects.
No questions. No MP's will be informed.
Just leave it where we can find it. Call extension 1028 and give us a hint.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Been thinking of 'Taking your self out'?
All the way out?
Just a little bit of information.
If you're going to do so, do it well.
You can be prosecuted for failure.
Think on this for a moment.
If you stick the gun in your mouth you will be left with a bad after taste.
If you stick it near your ear, the sound might be deafening.
Come on down to the 19xxth Combat Stress unit located in the trailer quad in greater downtown Scania and check out our reading material on the subject.
Talk to one of our councilors for tips and ideas.
Or call our stress reduction hot line extension 1028
As a special incentive, our first ten callers each get a set of Ginsu Knives!

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Hi everybody.
Radio Mike here. Let me ask you something.
Ever ponder the big questions in life?

How do multiple personalities individuals fill out a tax form?
Who signs it?
Is it a legal document if one personality did the accounting and another vouches for it.
Is a deduction limited for one personality or can it be claimed by several different ones at the same time.
What happens one when one personality is deeply religious and one is highly secular. Just what happens on Sunday? How do they record the charity deductions?
What's the proper schedule for multiple personality people?

For answers to the tough ones, call LTC L at the 19xxth Combat Stress Team, located on the trailer quad in greater down town Scania. Call xxx 1000 for an appointment.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Hi everybody, this is LTC L speaking to you from the WTFO studios in the 19xxth combat stress unit, located on the trailer quad in greater down town Scania.

Got problems at home.

You're not alone. This next song talks about a love affair between Mick Jagger and David Bowie's wife Angie.

Not all of us are so lucky.

If your bummed out, depressed, or harboring ill feelings, give us a call, this is what we are good at.

Been there, done that, have the tee shirt.
Call us at extension 1028.
(Play Angie by the Rolling Stones)
……………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Are you feeling depressed, twitchy, and can use a hand.
Like the next song, perhaps you can use a little sun after seeing the rain.

Give us a call at the 19xxth combat stress team, located in the trailer quad of greater downtown Scania. Call xxx 1028 for an appointment.

(Play "Have you ever scene rain) by CCR)
Give the next song a listen to.
Stress is a problem in our lives.
For advice on how to cope, contact LTC L at the 19xxth combat stress team, located on the trailer quad in greater down town Scania. Or call extension 1028

(Play Manic Monday by the bangles)

Hi all, LTC L here from the 19xxth Combat Stress Team located on the trailer quad in greater down town Scania.

If your one of those serine annoying people who nothing affects, I've got nothing to say to you.

For the rest of ya, listen to the next song. If you're not enjoying that 'peaceful easy feeling' perhaps you should call extension 1028 and pay us a visit. Insurance plans and Major credit cards accepted.

(Play Peaceful easy feeling by the eagles)

Hi all, LTC L here from the 19xxth Combat Stress Team located on the trailer quad in greater down town Scania.

If you come down to visit us, rest assured you will be treated with proper respect and diligence.

Not like the subject of the next song.

There are no electroshock devices in Scania.

If you want to have your head fixed, call us at extension 1028

(Play "shock the monkey" by P Gabriel)

Needless to say the LTC diden't record all of the above. Guess which ones diden't get used. Im going to record some as "Dr. Feelgood" and give my address as the brown car on the corner, under the street light. Just for fun. The troopers remember bit like this and get giggles. Giggels are few and far between in this place.

So, alive and well.
104 days till I get home.
Later dudes and thanks for thinking
Jack Crow in Greater Down Town Scania, just off the trailer quad, near the TMC