Reflector for PM6

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a reflector I can install in my PM6 led to get more flood?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
....so a lesbian, a mexican and a polock walk into a bar.......

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
taking the reflector out would achieve more flood?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
no good, the reflector is connected to the led module.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
tkl,
they didn't used to be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The SF beam shaper for the "classics" does a nice job of blending the light into more of a flood.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The original LED module was independant and you could remove the reflector for a good flood and even put in a bead blasted reflector for a great and even flood beam. The LED and reflector got *integrated* so that there would be no "Adjustable Beam". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif I say no more so don't ask. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
You can cut the reflector off with relative ease as long as you don't cut too deep and cut into the lamp.

Hmmmm. If you can get an old lamp assembly it will screw into the base without a reflector.

Daniel

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, thanks for the info. Although, I kind of wish you hadn't told me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't screwed anything up with my dremel in a while, so what the hell................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ultimate PM6 Flood reflector is one bead blasted by McGizmo and then converted to a "White Knight" flood using ZOT paint. It is an aerospace coating used for thermal control.

I have several of these treated McFloods and they really are neat... I use them on Mc Moduled PM6's in white and also in red. These modded reflectors put out an even, round, perfectly soft beam. As I recall-the output is 13% greater than a Bead Blasted reflector alone as tested by Doug in TN; And not enough difference to tell from just looking according to Don.

So Bead blast what you've got! Then add flat white krylon if you dare