Alien vs Predator /w Pelican Gear

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
While watching Alien Vs Predator I noticed a lot of Pelican flashlight gear. One model I noticed clipped to everyones coats was the BigED model. Could quite make out the other models. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

chiphead @austin
---------------------------------

Fat

Newly Enlightened
Theres also green lasers being featured.
Well the movie is rather corny.At the start of the supposedly versus, i thought ive seen people in costumes fighting.Theres wrestling..,predator discus swinging aliens and the most hilarious part of all, predator making a shield out of a alienhead for a human sidekick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Freddy vs jason is much better.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I didn't see any SureFire M6s used. A few MaxaBeams, I think.

They did, however, have lights mounted on their G36Ks, along with green lasers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I couldn't tell if the lights were the SureFire foregrip lights for the G36 or not.

d'mo

Enlightened
Nope, no M6s that I noticed, but lots of M4s and MaxaBeams. There were also a few I didn't recognize, mostly because the edits were too quick. This movie will be fun to go through slowly when it comes out on DVD - A varitable who's-who among flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that "mean green" laser site came from a firm that advertise here. I can't remember the name of the firm though. I currently own a SAR (Search & Rescue) laser, this would make a bad *** addition to my pack mule.

chiphead
-----------------------------------
Anything thing with a chip in it!

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Their HID searchlights have a big hole in the center haha. Those are HID right? Gotta blue tint.

gtwace

Enlightened
I wonder why those lights have a big hole in the center... I was playing DOOM3 and its flashlight got a big hole in the center too. I think it is quite silly using green laser as a tactical weapon light, it just attracts all the aliens.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmmh... Aren't these aliens supposed to only see IR heat or whatever?
The green lasers shouldn't make a difference then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Pedators can have the ability to see in thermal only.
In such a situation, the heat of the batteries and perhaps the some of the electronics could be of concern. I'd guess that a human would represent a more obvious thermal signature though.

Al

flashlightfreek

Newly Enlightened
YEAH THE GUNS THE USED IN THE MOVIE WERE ABOUT WORTHLESS (THE HK G36C SUB-MACHINE GUN---.223 CALIBER, AND THE DESERT EAGEL HANDGUN---.50 AE(OR WHATEVER CALIBER THEY WERE) BUT THE DAMN FLASHLIGHTS AND GREEN LASER POINTERS THEY USED WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
so ... how's that movie anyway?
I LOVE Alien (still dream of those beasts at night) and really liked Predator and couldn't believe my eyes when I frist saw the trailer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif
bernhard

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the first two Alien movies, and the second Predator one. Thought the others werre OK. Haven't seen the new one, but I think it looks pretty cheezy. Got a terrible review in the paper.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Well, I've always been a fan of the previous movies and I got a nice kick out of reading the comic books and the books that were based in the same universe. I was not terribly impressed with AvP the movie.
They got far too many things wrong although I have to admit that some of the fights were impressive as hell. The battle with the Queen was very nice!
I didn't care for the way the predators looked. Their costumes weren't done right. And the predators face was all messed up looking as well. And it ended terribly. Lots of holes in what little plot there was.
This movie could have been sooo much better.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
sigh ... as always with modern films ... quite disappointing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

a great exception was (to my surprise) I, Robot.

bk

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I could tell from the movie: Predator 2, the can see a from white to UV.

chiphead

Archvile

Newly Enlightened
I did notice that the lead character(black girl) did have a Surefire M4 strapped to her belt. It's the scene where they reach the bottom of the ice tunnel but before they enter the temple. Also, 'chiphead' is correct about the multiple visions from Predator 2. It's when the humans are trying to capture it inside the meat packing plant.