a heads up a few vips can be had

raggie33

*the raggedier*
just to let people know there are some strays contact mr bulk if ya want em but i belive there is only 5 so act fast this is one awesume light

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM already sent,, thanks raggie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Im on the donation list to get you a LH

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
It wasn't in my planned budget for the month, but I just couldn't resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

My new VIP will make the wait for my new Lion Heart a little more bearable.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya didnt have to make donation but i thank you . ya will love his light, but ya will be adicted to modded lights now or ones made from guys at cpf

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Hey, does anybody know if there are still some accesories available for the VIP? Or am I way too late to get in on those (extra bodies/heads)?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah i know i didnt have to. I figure after the murder of my older brother maybe i need to build up some good kharma before something bad happens to me too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif lol It's only gonna end up being 4 or 5 bucks raggie. lol dont worry about it. just graciously accept and it will all be worth it. who knows. maybe the same fortune will smile on me one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Datasaurusrex said:
Hey, does anybody know if there are still some accesories available for the VIP? Or am I way too late to get in on those (extra bodies/heads)?

[/ QUOTE ]ya may be to late but check bst good luck

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm, raggie, nice heads up done in good faith I'm sure but not sure Mr Bulk wanted this to be made 'public' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Hope he doesn't "CUT OFF" you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o o i hope he did want people to know i just posted what i read in another thread in case no one reads it ekkk i hope i didnt mess up

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, looks like all the VIP's will be gone now before i can save up the cash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
o o i hope he did want people to know i just posted what i read in another thread in case no one reads it ekkk i hope i didnt mess up

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax raggie, I was just joshing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif THanks for spreading the word /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Datasaurusrex said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your too late. However, I'm having trouble finding a purpose for the AA tube for the VIP after purchasing a LH. So when I get mine it might be for sale. Can anyone think of a reason so I don't have to sell it?

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Ok, here's a mini-review and a major cheers for Mr. Bulk.

So I broke down and bought one of these last VIPs to leave Mr Bulk's factory (to tide me over until the LH is released). This is my first jump up into the realm of custom lights -- if you don't count my brief ownership of a FF1 which did not impress me.

Based on the VIPs reputation alone I also bought the BH and Twisty from another CPF member and expect them to arrive any day. Now having had the chance to fondle and play with my VIP I am thrilled that I jumped on the BH/twisty deal.

The VIP is a masterful work of art! The fit of all the parts is perfect. The componets just feel like they 'glide' togather. It has a 100% feel of quality and durability.

The various light levels are a blast to use. Yes there's some fun/novelty factor in them (I found myself switching back and forth between levels just for fun) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But when it came to actually using the light at night the 3 levels have powerful utilitarian usefulness.

On high it can reach out and touch the dark corners... on medium it can dang near go as far as on high... but it has awesome extended runtime. On low it is great for any close up work, and is easily bright enough to walk around by with dark adapted eyes.

At first I thought the jump between low to med was too much, and that med and high was too similar... but after a night of using it and pondering the various pros and cons of use/usability vs runtime vs throw I realized that the different levels are set just perfect! Over time I think I'll use the low and med settings more and more and the high only when really needed.

And the beam, omg did I mention the beam! It has an impressive corona (sp) that is sharply deliniated from the side spill -- and which is perfectly centered. The side spill is very usable. And the color.. pure white baby! (ok, maybe just a little hint of blue but only on low). It's cool to compare the VIP on low to a ARC AAA side by side, because the beam shape of the VIP is so clearly defined, and while not much 'brighter' the reflector of the VIP still trys to 'throw' that small amount of light while the AAA is all flood. I'm now a convert to reflectors! On medium it puts to shame all my 1 watt LEDs that use optics (KL1 & LSH) and it seems as though the reflector is a lot of the reason why it does that.

To my eye the VIP seems about as bright (on high) as a E2e with a MN02, only with better beam characteristics -- this is totally subjective, I have no idea the actuall lumen comparison. I find that damn impressive for a single cell led light. On medium it is a bit brighter than my ARC LSH, again with a much better beam -- and likewise on low it's about as bright as my ARC AAA, but it actually has a bit of a beam to it where the AAA is all flood. Yes, the VIP is three, thREE, THREE lights in one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can you tell I'm loving this light? I am extreamly happy I bought it, and that I jumped on some accesories when I had the chance.

And lastly, I need to give a kudos to Charlie. My VIP arrived with a minor cosmetic issue which he addressed immedieatly and cheerfully. He maintained great communication while we discussed it and was simply a pleasure to deal with.

The quality and versatility of the VIP has made me even more eager for my LH. If there are any fence sitters out there who have been debating the LH consider it carefully... if the VIP is any indication then the LH is going to be a smashing success! And if you missed a VIP and have even a twinge of regret you might want to consider picking one up while people are still crazy enough to sell them in order to fund a LH.

Datasaurus rex ~ :::joining Raggie in the Mr. Bulk fan club:::

indenial

Enlightened
Ditto. The finest light in my collection thus far. I just need to get my hands on the BH and other accessories. PM me if you have any to sell. Thanks.