Survey.... current readings for ARC4 Level 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone... wow, this is my 3 post in a row in the arc forum!

I wanted to start this thread to collect info on current readings for
the ARC4.

Sooo.... if you have a DMM handy, please submit the following info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Arc serial #
Open cell voltage
Cell chemistry
Current at level 1

I'll start:

Arc4+ #0683
2.82v
lithium primary
1.52A

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since everyone would have a different open terminal and under load cell voltage, their current offset would also be different (even if their current consumption was the same).

If you want to do such a survey, I recommend measuring current at the same voltage and under load.

We already measure this at the factory for each Arc4 made and we can send you your data if you request it.

Peter

nexro

Enlightened
I was just wondering, what would be the use of having such data beside calculating the runtime?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
peter: cool! yes please send data /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Does that mean you have this
data for EVERY SINGLE Arc4 recorded somewhere? That is amazing.
I will measure again with two DMM's

nexro: I wanted to see where my arc4+ falls as far as effeciency. Since these Arc4's are power regulated, they all are pretty much the same brightness on each level, however the current draw would vary. Therefore as you say, the runtime.

I was interesting that my level 1 and level 2 were drawing 1.5A and 1.05A. Lots of current difference, but not much visually!

- one side question for peter - if there was a way to replace the
lux1 HD with a lux3 with similar Vf, would it be brighter and more
efficient? according to some graphs posted here, the lux3 puts out
slightly more light per watt. I have a TWOH handy. But I doubt I
have the means to do the "surgery." besides I don't want to void
the warranty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (i don't even know if anyone has done it and
whether it's worth it or not)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering how much efficiencies are varing. I noticed in a post by kj that one of his arc4+ (2 digit serial) runs about twice as my
arc4+. 50 minutes versus 25 minutes on a 550mah r123a charged to
4.20v

Hmm...
david

Commander

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
4sevens said:
I wanted to see where my arc4+ falls as far as effeciency. Since these Arc4's are power regulated, they all are pretty much the same brightness on each level, however the current draw would vary. Therefore as you say, the runtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

How to do that?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
4sevens said:
I'm wondering how much efficiencies are varing. I noticed in a post by kj that one of his arc4+ (2 digit serial) runs about twice as my
arc4+. 50 minutes versus 25 minutes on a 550mah r123a charged to 4.20v

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming these cells are similar (are both tested under similar circumstances? I do have one of these cell which only gives 450mAh ) This will be a difference in current draw of about 30-35% (from the higher one down). This could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.