FourSevens        

Thread: Wanna see an overdriven Arc LS second? Here!!

Flashaholic*

Default Wanna see an overdriven Arc LS second? Here!!

Thanks, Sean for the dare!

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Default Re: Wanna see an overdriven Arc LS second? Here!!

hey isnt it craigs job to try to let the smoke out?
    wonder how much destructive testing peter at arc did? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I think Peter has done LOADS!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The Arc holds up pretty well under the increased load. Yet to smell any smoking bits, but I'll bet Craig will find a way [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Looks good, hehe. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Nice and bright!

I'll try it once I get some N cells.

Besides, I can't do it yet anyway. I am working on a trade for my LS. I don't think they want a burned up LS. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ok, I finally found my stash of N cells. What did you use as a stubby dummy cell to make up the extra space inside the barrel? A washer of some kind?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
    Ok, I finally found my stash of N cells. What did you use as a stubby dummy cell to make up the extra space inside the barrel? A washer of some kind?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look closely at his picture above. (Wad of aluminum foil) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
    Look closely at his picture above. (Wad of aluminum foil) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was a lump of gallium. :-O
    To the kitchen I go...

It's the middle of the night & I'm board over here so let me know how it goes!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
    It's the middle of the night & I'm board over here so let me know how it goes!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't find my roll of foil. The last time I used some was to make a lampshade, and the roll disappeared sometime afterward.
    Guess that means I sh*tcan a lampshade, eh?

Ok, so I did that. It's brighter, but it's not a real major milestone increase.
    Relative brightness 1073 on a 123 cell, 1105 on 2 AA cells, and 1184 on 3 "N" cells. My photometer ate it, so I can't provide any real measurements in mcd or candelas. Only these relative total flux measurements.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You could use a long spring out of another flashlight & drop it into the 2AA battery tube.

Hey Craig, check this light out! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Toilet light

Hey Craig, check this light out! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Toilet light
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're up at 3 in the morning looking for toilets on ebay?!? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

What do you mean? It's 5:17am here! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I work nights, and I'm off tonight so I keep the same schedule on the weekends.

This same guy was selling Photons for $.99 cents each plus $3.50 shipping, well, the toilet was something else he was selling. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Look closely at his picture above. (Wad of aluminum foil) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sharp fella, this Sean guy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Craig, what about color - did you see any diff after overdriving the LS? Mine got a touch whiter...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
    Sharp fella, this Sean guy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]