Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for the first one, the one with
the white GP Led. The only throw off
is that the shipping costs are more than twice the price
of the flashlight itself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm very curious about that first one.
If I have enough in Paypal after snagging an Eveready Big Jim flashlight in about half an hour, and a Pepsi clock for my friend around this time tomorrow, I'll buy one just for CPF sakes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit 6:20pm PDT)
Ehhh doodlebugs!!!
I just got sniped out of the Eveready Big Jim flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(Edit later on the same evening)
As of 6:22pm PDT, I bought one of these 1/2 watt LED flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit, next day, 7:35pm PDT)
Just got sniped out of that clock I wanted to get my friend...man that sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cypher2001

Newly Enlightened
Pardon my ignorance..

What does the 1/2 watt LED compare to ourput wise? Does anyone know or seen these in person?

I'm guessing a few 5mm LEDs?

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ebay light is very interesting. I am sure one of us will get hole of them some time in the future and of course, sell them at much better prices... haveblue, waion, Chinaflashlight, who else?

Craig, can't wait for your review./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif Thanks for buying the light.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if I'd be a player to get those lights. The black one looks a lot like the Ceemore with only a half watt emitter and an optic on the front. I suspect the beam of that light would look a lot like a Inova X1 with a spot light effect. Then the spot quality would only be as good as the optic. The Inova always had first class optics on their light. But I've never been a fan of the X1. I like the brightness, color of beam and the flood effect of the direct-drive Ceemore.

The silver light looks like it came from the same factory as the Xnova lights but with more emitters. From what I've seen those lights always have the same electronics in a variation of light casing. Adding more emitters wouldn't make the light any brighter and if anything the emitters would be putting out less light each because there is just so much power you can get out of the circuit. You might have more of a floodlight effect but it wouldn't be any brighter. I still think the best of the bunch are the Xnova AA & Super Xnova (2xAA). For long life the Xnova CR is nice. My favorite EDC is still the Xnova AA.

XNOVA AA
SUPER XNOVA (2xAA)
XNOVA CR

I can check with the 'China Connection' and see if those lights are available. You never know-those new Ebay lights might be dynamite lights.

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
i think like haveblue: i have one 8led and it output only a bit more light than the 5led, but the 8led use much more mah... i have fear thet the 12led isn't more the double powerful than the 5led /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

but the same seller of the 1/2w have the same but at an higher price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=5118442730

i have find another nice light:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=5117432476&rd=1

and the price is low

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I got a shipping confirmation on that 1/2 watt GP LED flashlight this morning, with a note telling me it would take approximately two weeks for delivery, and a photograph of the addressed envelope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
When it arrives, I'll start a web page for it at once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I received my 1/2 watt GP LED flashlight today (around 4:00pm PDT), and it included three heavy duty AAA cells, and an American flag blinky pin with one blue and four red LEDs on it.

Since the domain I usually use for hosting flashlight evaluations is offline, I'll post a brief review of it in the Reviews forum. Look for it probably sometime later this evening. No promises here, but I will try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you going to post a review of the LED blinky pin too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I happen to like those pins...I got a hundred of them. Lot of different ones. They hypnotize me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
Are you going to post a review of the LED blinky pin too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I happen to like those pins...I got a hundred of them. Lot of different ones. They hypnotize me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want me to, I will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I figured there's enough space on one of my alternate servers to post the review of the 1/2 watt GP LED flashlight on my website tonight. Find it in the Reviews forum a little later on - I'll probably have something at least preliminary up by 9:00pm PDT.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, the page about the unknown brand 1/2 watt GP LED flashlight is now up.
It's in the Reviews forum, in the thread I started.
I can't post the link here, because that would be crossposting; a severe CPF no-no.

evanlocc

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TORCH_BOY said:
I would go for the first one, the one with
the white GP Led. The only throw off
is that the shipping costs are more than twice the price
of the flashlight itself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, check along the list got one of the shipping costs is USD25, where the item only cost USD0.99 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
evanlocc said:
Yes, check along the list got one of the shipping costs is USD25, where the item only cost USD0.99 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I just checked the listing I purchased mine from.
The item cost was US$5.99, and the shipping cost was US$12.00.