My first post

knifebright

Enlightened
Hey everyone.
This is my first post but i've been lurking for about 6 weeks now.. Like many of you i found this site through a knife site as collecting knives has always been my real passion. Only as of late i have this bug for lights. I wanted to get a surefire 6p (which i still haven't gotten) but ended up with a streamlight strion. I like the strion very much and wanted to get a review on it so i ended up at flashlight reviews.com and then here. I love this place and I have learned so much. Now I have a strion, Pelican m6, streamlight stlyus, inova x5, inova xo3 a couple prinston tecs and microlights(UV and regular) and just today my surefire a2 arived in the mail. I have always had the knife bug but I have never felt anything like the light bug. well i'm going to stay around for a while and it's nice to speak to people who won't ask me silly questions like "But what are you going to do with all those lights?"
jimmy

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there knifebright, welcome! You've got a great start on your collection and some lights that I don't have. What do you like about the Strion and X03 - I don't have either one. The A2 has gotten a lot of press, here, and I got to handle one, so I know that I'd like that one, for sure. You certainly have flashaholic grade taste in lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif Keep us posted.

knifebright

Enlightened
Yup only but the best for me. there's something about quality craftsmanship and engenering that really do it for me. The strion is great for its size, a little smaller than the pm6 but a hell of a lot lighter. The spill is about twice the size at 10 meters but the hot spot is a little less bright. The inova x03 is a really bright hot spot with the whitest led (i may have gotten luckey)as well as a great throw but kinda useless close up do to its brightness and small spot. I love my a2 and I keep telling myself that this is it with this one but I think i may be lying to myself
jimmy

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you're in denial already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif That's not a good sign -usually it takes longer to get to that stage.

It seems like those lights complement each other well. You've got a couple throwers and two that are more flood pattern. Nothing like the satisfaction of having the right tools for the job.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
NICE! Collection so far dude!

I'm interested to hear a real world evaluation of the X03... too tight and bright for general use...

Makes my lowly SLTT2L look better all the time!

But I will be getting an Elektrolumens XM3, so we'll see if a pure LED light can do what I require!

WELCOME to CPF!!! And I guess it's already too late to tell you to hide your wallet!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(just foolin' with ya!)

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF knifebright, and why dontcha stay awhile!

Very nice collection...to start!! LOL!

Those are great lites, and some would be tempted to stop. Okay, those people don't come here. The people that come here might say, you like fit finish form and function? You need an Arc 4+, and an Arc AAA, and a LS. And a VIP, I recall Charlie having a couple left over.

I've never seen an A2, though it sits near the top of my "interested in" list. Thanks for your X03 impressions, too.

welcome again,
daloosh

batterystation

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
WELCOME to CPF!!! And I guess it's already too late to tell you to hide your wallet!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(just foolin' with ya!)

[/ QUOTE ]
You should direct him to the "You know you're a flashaholic when" thread, or flashaholics anonymous.
Welcome to CPF!!!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the madness, knifebright!I guess it's too late for my advice to run and don't look back.

knifebright

Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome. I can only seem to find the arc aaa premium in a turquoise color and I want one. Anyone know of a place to get them online. I know of a couple but i could always use a few more sites.
jimmy

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the Light (CPF)
Be prepared. Knives don't use up batteries or bulbs-SureFires Do......

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
welcome to another expensive addiction.
but its worth every single penny or in this case every paycheck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif