Anyone make a focusable Luxeon + 5mm LED light?

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for an large all-around light, but am looking to get away from incandescent lights altogether.

I started with the Streamlight Twintask 2D, but there is the incan thing. How bright is the xenon bulb in that compared to 1, 3, & 5W Luxeons? It looks pretty much perfect, aside from using an incan. I'm wondering if any company makes a light just like that except employing a Luxeon LED instead of the xenon?

I would just lean towards a focusable Luxeon, but then one doesn't have the battery life.

I want something that has got the throw of my 2D Maglite, along with the durability of LEDs and potential super-long life and flood lighting of the conventional LEDs.

What are my options?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Nuwaii makes something like that. It isn't listed on their website but i've heard something like that mentioned on the forums before.

Also, i believe i saw one at a local Brookstone store. It was really expensive (like everthing else) in that store.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai has new 5mm + Luxeon combo lights private labeled across the globe-Afterall they are the king of private label (They made the Stream light twin tasks)

Many companies making MODs and drop in LED replacements still using MAG bodies....If you got to have a MAG.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well not a flashlight, but a head light, the Yukon HL. Some people say there is no advantage for the 5mms since they draw the same power. But they give you flood, and my guess from two run down tests is that with a used battery they draw less power.

I like mine.

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
It WILL be released one day. ... and on that day, Twin Tasks will be obsolete.

I guess they think people will balk, as luxeon lights are expensive enough.