Flashlight case

Fickle1

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a case to hold my Streamlight Scorpion and an extra set of batteries. I like the look of the Pelican micro cases but I have a few questions. I was looking at the 1050 or the 1060. Do they have the pick N pluck foam insert or is that an optional accessory? Also does anyone have any experience with these cases?

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, you have to buy pick n pluck foam separately. There is usually a foam liner included in the case.

Fickle1

Newly Enlightened
What is the smallest model that has the pick n pluck foam already included? the 1120? Also how big are the individual squares of the foam? I am wondering just how custom I can make these.

buba

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at pelican cases here BatteryStation
or here MEIResearch and then give them a call.

I also think it is an option on all Pelican micro cases. It does seem standard on some larger Otter cases. I have a couple small Otter and Pelican cases and think the Pelican micro cases are 1st rate.

PS: A 1030 case holds my Surefire E2, batteries and spare lamp while traveling in my laptop bag.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also a fan of the Pelican cases, both the smaller micro ones along with the full sizes. If pick n pluck foam turns out to be hard to get, you might check the local hobby/craft stores. I've found that some care a foam that is similar but much cheaper. It's not as easy to use as pick and pluck, but can be worked with an exacto knife and a little practice.

-Mike

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a real nice brushed aluminum case with a nice inside. I put a whole bunch of my pricey lights in there. I put the whole case up on my closet shelf. I needed one of my real nice lights. I got the case and took it down, opened it, and took out my real nice light, used it and placed it on the bookcase next to my coin box. I put the real nice case back up on the shelf. A couple hours later, I needed another one of my nice lights. I took the case down from the shelf, took out that light, used it and placed it next to the other one by my coin box. The next day I needed another one of my nice lights, so I took the nice brushed aluminum case down (it was quite a bit lighter now without the other two lights), took out the light I needed, used it and placed it next to the other two lights by my coin box. A couple hours later, I realized that I also needed the red LED version of the light I'd just taken out so I went back to the closet and took that light out of the case and placed it next to the other three lights. Now that made 4 lights by my coin box and 4 lights in the case. I realized I was wasting a h__l of a lot of time going back to my closet and taking down the case etc etc, so I took the case down one more time, removed the rest of my real nice lights and put them all by my coin box on top of the bookcase where I had kept them in the first place, AND GAVE THE DAMNED ALUMINUM CASE AWAY.

Thank you.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF Fickle1, and why dontcha stay awhile!

Sotto, I know the feeling. My wife laughs at me. The lites start migrating out of the case, until there's a little forest on my end of the dresser, then it gets outa hand and they have to get put away, and the circle continues.

Fickle1, I keep my Scorp in the nylon case from Streamlight and a spare pair of 123s in a advantix film can, or an orange match case with it. It's neater how you want to do it, but bulkier.

welcome again,
daloosh

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Tap Plastics sells black cases with that egg-crate foam inside. It's the size of a high school textbook. I use one when I visit others and want to show my small lights.

I can fit 2 Maglights (2 D) in one case along with several smaller lights.

I think the case was less than $10

Daniel

Fickle1

Newly Enlightened
Well the idea here is to have it for my car. I would feel much better having it proteceted in a case so it doesnt get beat up in my trunk. I would hate to pull it out when I need it only to find that the bulb has broken or something stupid like that.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the little forest at the end of the dresser. In fact I put up a shelf so I had more room on the dresser for lights. I found a REAL good use for my "Deluxe Case".
I just keep it chocked full of fresh batteries- all of 'm.
aaa, aa, c ,d, 123s-lots of them

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Best Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
$7 or so for a "sports electronics" case at Gander Mountain, and it has pluckable foam. Just guessing but approx. 2x6x8.