Fraudulent uses of my Credit Card number

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Today my bank informed me that I have many transactions on my credit card from Austria for a total amount of 1820 euros /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
I write this post to inform you that because this fraudulent use my CC is blocked and I can't buy anything with my Paypal account until I received a new Credit Card. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I hope that no more pre-payement will be claimed until the end of september ( ie : Lion Heart ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )
All my precedent payement are OK.
Which good idea I had to prepay balrog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only problem I have is that I can't bid on any auction nor buy some nice flashlights until the problem was solve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I did not really need this kind of problem at the moment.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
Do you have a mastercard? Cause I had a fraudulent use in July of 150 euro's. I had it blocked just before a presale of XM-3. Quite annoying and you have to wait at least a month to get a refund.... Oh yeah, I still prepayed the XM-3 with Paypal without a Credit Card. Just transfer money directly into your paypal.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is why I keep 2 credit cards instead of just one. Sorry to hear it and good luck.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pascal,
Just after PMing you I read this thread. Man this stinks, sorry to hear about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any idea as to how it happened?

I also carry two or more cards when on a trip, and my wife carries two different ones. If one of us loses the card we still have more.

What will be done in the way of your responsibility for the charge?

Jerry

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
awwww, pascal, that sux /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
hope you get it solved soon.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that sucks!

did you buy anything from hotbeam recently? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pascal -

That can really make a person become angry. I'm glad your CC company saw the activity and froze the account.

Some members shared experiences and advice with me when the very same thing happened right before Christmas.

The reference about taking a girl robot to the Prom was from a Credit Card Fraud television commercial airing in the States at the time. The perpetrator was going to use funds to complete his girl robot.

Here is Living it up in Great Britain.

- Jeff

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Many thanks to all for your good words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I have now to wait some weeks before everything goes into the order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
I don't know for the moment how many is the total amount of fraudulent buying nor all fraudulent transactions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have only blocked my CC, but I can't raise a complaint before one week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

It seems to be a duplicate of my CC, not an internet capture of my CC number /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

And yes my wife have another CC, but I don't want to use it on internet for security reason /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I wish to nobody this kind of situation, which is very unpleasant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frenchy, if you need me to complete any transactions for you. I would be more than happy to help you out at anytime.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Thank you very much, Jon & Bernhard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
But if I accept all your offers for advance of payments, I risk to finish deeply in debt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
But, maybe, if I really need I keep in memory your nice propositions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

balrog

Enlightened
Even cash isn't safe these days. I received a cash payment and upon taking this to my bank they refused to deposit one of the 20s as it failed to pass under the UV light.

I'm also able to make a CPF payment for you if you need it. Jon, Bernhard and I can share the risk on your next $1000 CPF purchase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.