• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB 1AA or 1AAA Luxeon light.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for something that I can add to my keychain and always carry. But I want something significantly brighter then a Photon light. And I would like to use rechargables, so run time isn't a big issue.

Is it possible to find something like this for under $100? (or close it it)

Or should I wait for the Keylux to be back in production?

Thanks much.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pocket,
The only lights that I know of that use Luxeons are the Lambda MicroIlluminator AAA, TnC n and AA or a modified Arc AAA. I have the MicroIlluminator myself and it is quite bright running a Luxeon bin of R3J at 155mA. It is in the little side pocket of my Leatherman Charge Ti and it works well. I would not put it on my keychain however.
Peak LED Solutions is working on AAA and AA versions of variable intesity Luxeon keychain lights. They estimate they should be available this winter sometime.
TnC should have their rechargable n cell light out in a few weeks, I would go with that.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would suggest a Micro Illuminator(Lambda). it's 1 AAA. he doesn't make them anymore or at least not regularly. im sure there's someone out there that would sell one though. i would expect to pay at around $50-$60 for one. i love mine

also there's the Keylux N cell, i think TNC is gonna do a AAA adapter for it???

the AA Keylux may be a little too big for most peoples keychain, although i'd do it if i wasn't so afraid of it getting messed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
pocket, contact d'mo to make you one of his ARC AAA LS modded. His work is superb and it is way below your restriction ($60)

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks BentHead. I didn't know about the Peak LED AAA and AA. The variable intesity sounds like a winner. Iw ill see if I can find more inforamtion on that.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sent a PM to D'Mo, and a email to LED_ASAP, as I understand he used to do these as well.

Thanks to all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif