Streamlight Keymate LED

IlikeLEDs

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Has any one have/used a Streamlight Keymate LED? How does it compare to a crappy solitaire? And if i should dare to ask, does it stand up against a ARC AAA at all? how does it perform? If anyone can shed a light, i'ld appreciate it. Thanks guys

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
would totally dominate a solitaire

initially brighter than an arc aaa, but that would not last very long due to the coin cell batteries being used

capnal

Enlightened
Yes, I have one of these. It smokes my Arc AAA, way brighter, but I agree that it won't match the Arc runtime. No comparison at all to a Solitare. Smaller than the Arc AAA, but way more difficult to change the batteries.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one. I like it because it is REAL small. And plenty bright for its duty.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

jbroker83

Enlightened
I have many of these. I love the small size and the ease of fitting one onto the keychain. There have been many times when these little guys have saved the day, so to speak. I've had mine for about a year and haven't had to change the batteries....though I know it's a little bit less bright vs. the first time I had it. It's great for a variety of situations, and I would have to definately recommend it over a solitaire.

AbnerCadaver

Banned
Just a friendly tip for keymate owners: I recently purchased some replacement batteries for my keymate and found out that by substituting SR-44 for the LR-44 batteries, you get a much flatter discharge. This is the silver oxide version of the ubiquitous LR-44 alkaline. Mine hasn't dimmed out over the past two months yet, and it does get a fair amount of use. THe discharge of the alkalines was intolerable to me as you notice the dimming soon after 10 mins or so, but this is NOT the case with the silver oxide equivalent.

Abbie

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
does exist two version? because the one reviewed by the led museum is a 3xLR44 and the one at flashlighstreview use 4 batteries

also the design is different and the type of switch

i would be very happy if streamlight modify this nice light with a single N cell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif