Shape of AAA head

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
Peter, I heard that future Arc AAA's will have heads a little wider than the body, to reduce resemblance to the Gaglite 1AAA model. Yuck. Here's another suggestion: just mill some flats on the side of the head. I'm thinking of two parallel flats connected by circular "arcs", or possibly just one flat, with the ends connected by one big "arc". I think that would look pretty cool, be easily distinguishable from Gag, and would fit in nicely with Arc's own trademark. It would make the "reflector" slightly smaller, but IMO that doesn't matter at all, since the reflector does practically nothing already. The flat part of the head would be a good place to engrave a logo, too.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sucks that Gaglite is being chickenpoop about the lawsuits and puts pressure on other companies to make lame changes based on copyright bull squat.

However, I actually think a slightly larger head would look very nice on an Arc AAA. I prefer the looks of larger head than body. Either way is fine, but I'm cool with a larger head on the Arc AAA/AA.

paulr

Flashaholic
I suppose I could live with a slightly larger head with a flat milled on the side. That would stop it from rolling, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Here's another suggestion: just mill some flats on the side of the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then someone would accuse them of copying Peak or TNC.
You just can't win.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
2 milled flats would look nice!

it would probably add a bit of extra cost and time (unless their machines can handle it, which most can't), but i really like the idea.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The smallest size and shape is one reason I EDC the AAA. Even the Solitare is more noticeable in my pocket. Peter, if you absolutely must make the head larger, a millimeter would be enough. Try not to bulk up the AAA too much.

The AAA is so different from M^g's crap why must it change? What fool judge of bureaucrat decided a cylinder can be patented? I don't know the details of this bad news and am only guessing at the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.