where to find arc aaa le

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
i just have to get one of these, what's the best place to get them? Thanks.

- Pete

Darell

Flashaholic
I'm not sure any of the retailers have them anymore. Probably they're all gone by now. Your best bet is to find sombody who's looking to sell. They come up every now and again in the For Sale forum.

There is a very small percentage case where I'd be willing to part with one of mine... You'd have to convince me it was an LE emergency though
smile.gif

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Pete,

A dealer told me that the HA finish, like that of the LE is going to be available/optional soon on the standard AAA.

It depends on how much you desire the different LED.

Walt

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for anyone's confusion.

From a ARC dealer . . .

A finish similar to the LE's (it's not black)will be available on the standard version soon.

Walt

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walt:
Sorry for anyone's confusion.

From a ARC dealer . . .

A finish similar to the LE's (it's not black)will be available on the standard version soon.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Walt. My Bad. Peter has mentioned something about making the HA III natural available on the standard. I think this was mentioned last when I was on my irrational tirade about keeping the LE limited.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
If any of you really want an LE, I have two ( I think ). New. If you really want one, I'll part with them. (I have another LE that I use everyday, and my CPF edition, so I can do without these. They are new. Tested and stuff a couple of times, but never carried around.

r2

Enlightened
I have a LE that I got recently from TTS which has chemkoted threads. I love the case color, but I'm not so hot on the light color. The LE is greener than my CPF edition; I don't have a standard edition for comparison. I think I prefer the bluish tint to the greenish tint. The hot spot on the LE is off center, too.

If anyone has a 3.0 standard edition (white) that is well centered, I might be persuaded to trade straight across. I've tried the LE out a bit, but I haven't carried it yet so it's still in new condition (other than maybe 20-30 minutes drain on the battery).

- Russ

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ Ross:
I'm not so hot on the light color. The LE is greener than my CPF edition<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The LE and the CPF have the same rank/tint of LED, so what you're seeing is the variation within the SB1 bulbs. Another pair of CPF/LE lights could yield the opposite effect.

The standard AAA is definitely a bluer beam though. Yet the difference is still subtle at best.

Steve-at-Springboard

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys! I still have over 50 new Arc LEs in stock from the last production run in January. $30 each plus $5 or $10 (priority) shipping per order. Check or PayPal, no plastic at this point. email or call eves 818-346-4647.