7000+ mcd whites

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig just put info about these up at the museum. Crees, i think. Anyone wanna make a mod with these things? I'm already thinking of yanking out the 5600s from my Ergo and pitting it against my elite....

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Look before you leap!!

The sample size tested was small (1 piece!) so I have no way of knowing if they're all like this or if I just ended up with an especailly good one.

The stated output is 6,500mcd average. Go ahead and try them in new projects, but don't go ripping those 6400mcd Nichias out of everything you own until it is proven through larger batches that these are brighter overall.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, sir!

Actually, I was only thinking of my beat-up Ergo (upon which I've tried several other mods on before) which "only" has 5600s. I'd never dream of doing in my Elite!

BTW, have you got a *white* Gamma Ray? I know you have those blue ones, but I the white versions sold here seem to have awfully bright LEDs. They *look* like nichias and they're made in Japan(just the LEDs). They're overdriven in the Gammas, yes, but positively trounce any Arc-AAA you care to throw at it. The white Gamma is sold for about $US 5.50 in Singapore. Before you mentioned the 7000s, I really wanted to buy a handful of these things and transplant the LEDs into my Ergo.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
BTW, have you got a *white* Gamma Ray? I know you have those blue ones, but I the white versions sold here seem to have awfully bright LEDs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No white... just a blue Gamma Ray and a green Click-It (only the labelling differs).
I haven't even gotten a chance to open the green and try it out, but that blue is just insanely bright. I'm guessing they're using the newest high rank LEDs they could get their hands on, in combination with the typical overdrive situation common to most CR2016 coin cell driven lights to achieve that blinding level of intensity. I have a feeling I will *not* be disappointed in the green model. Wonder if anyone makes this light with a blue-green LED. When driven as hard as they are, it should have a very prettty turquoise blue coloration to it.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,-is the Gamma Ray the same light as the "Klik-It" sold by the Glowbug and others?-They look identical.

Spidey82

Enlightened
i have seen keychain LEDs that uses Japan white LED that are whiter den my arc and photon.... the white is similar to fluoresent.....
Linfeng

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mr.glow:
Craig,-is the Gamma Ray the same light as the "Klik-It" sold by the Glowbug and others?-They look identical.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hotfoot here, but - yeah - its the same outer body and mechanism. can't be exactly sure about the actual LED though.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mr.glow:
Craig,-is the Gamma Ray the same light as the "Klik-It" sold by the Glowbug and others?-They look identical.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are identical. Only the labelling is differnt. I've seen a number of private label lights based on this design, including a new UV one I noticed on ebay yesterday.

danno

Newly Enlightened
Where can a lowly CPF member get a hold of these new 7000 mcd wonders? I tried the Wilycon website, but found it was useless. For that matter, what is the best current source for any white leds?
confused.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danno:
Where can a lowly CPF member get a hold of these new 7000 mcd wonders? I tried the Wilycon website, but found it was useless. For that matter, what is the best current source for any white leds?
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Web site is for volumn buyer but not yet setup the end user online buying department. For inquiry, you can email me with what you want in the body
smile.gif

Ken

D

**DONOTDELETE**

BTW, the 8000mcd+ White one is almost ready for mass production. I may get few PCs sample and mail LEDmuseum for review
smile.gif

Ken

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Just thought I'd write a little review on the gamma rays....for starters, they are one of my favorite led lights...mine seem brighter than my photons (except my modded photon) and have a farther range of light. I just put new batteries in my blue gamma and it is even brighter than I remembered....I also love how the constant on/off feature works however I have had a problem with 2 of my gammas with the switch not working correctly....to fix that I had to take them apart and bend the led thing a bit. Other than that I love mine....I don't think they get enough credit as I don't see much talk about them.