Princeton Tec Aurora Headlamp - VERY NICE!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Helped a friend buy a flashlight / Headlamp, and he choose the Streamlight Top Spot 2. while he liked it, I did not like the beam on this incandecent light, but I kind of liked the idea of a headlamp, even though I never used (or had a need, or so I thought) a headlamp, so I went looking for an LED headlamp.

I found a new one at www.Brightguy.com, it was a Princton Tec Aurora, a 3 LED in a triangle lense lamp, and here are the specs (copied from brightguy.com):

Specification Description
Battery Type AAA
Battery Number 3 AAA, Included
Length 1.75"H x 2.5"W
Lamp Type 3 White LED's - 10,000 hour lamp life.
Weight w/ Batteries 2.8 oz.
Run Time 50 -150 hours
Pricing Information
Retail Price $29.99
BrightGuy Price $25.95
You Save $4.04

2.8 ounces! Wow! I already own 3 P/T Attitudes, and they also have a 3 LED in a triangle formation, so I thougt that I would be familiar with the light output.

For some reason, the light appears to be just a bit brigher and whiter than my Attitude's, but I cannot quantify or verify this. (BTY, the Attitude is a really nice 3 LED light also!)

It has a high, medium a and low mode, as well as fast and slow blinking.

The light rests against your forhead, and pivots down (or up if you put it on upside down) to EXACTLY the position that you want it to.

After wearing it for 5 minutes, I went from an "would I ever use this" attitude, to an " I can't be without this" attitude.

If you ever had to change a tire at night, or needed to use a flashlight while you were stranded on the road, this little guy would be a life saver.

The actual light output is just what you would expect from a 3 LED light, bright, even white light that floods the area in front of you.

The single headband is very comfortable. It has a feel like wearing a light cap.

There was a thread a while back about a WRIST light, this light would work wonderfully. Put it on a wrist band, or just loop the band around your arm, and pivot the light to the angel you want.

Unless you have a lot of headlamps, you should consider adding this to your arsonal of lights. I thought it would be a nice light to round out my collection, until I put it on, and now I really like it!

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
WOW! You put that well I must agree I got the Aurora from TTS for $22.99 about a week ago and love it. The only problem I have is particular to headlamp format in general--the light comes down at too mild an angle so when walking you loose some of the shadow on rough terrain. A flashlight at waist height casts a better shadow and shows holes and ridges better. But I will keep the Aurora for sure. I can't immagine a better hands free light--though I may try it on my leg.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate posting things soo late at night, they don't make the "today's active topics" list.

Put this here so maybe more people can read and comment.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought an LED headlamp too (the Black Diamond Moonlight). I didn't like the idea of headlamps before, but the small lightweight LED ones are really nice. You can forget you're even wearing them. Over the last 3 weeks or so I've had it, I've found it to be the most useful general purpose light I own.

Keep a separate long range regular flashlight in your hand, and an Arc in your pocket, and you've got a pretty complete personal lighting system. Now if I can replace that incandescent bulb in my Tec 40 with a new 5W Luxeon, I'll be happy.
smile.gif
That is, happy, but never satisfied!
wink.gif