Who uses the clip on the Arc AAA?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in a debate with myself about whether or not I should keep the clip on. I haven't used it yet and nearly lost it when I did. I keep the light loose in my pocket and I don't wear a hat

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
GarageBoy,

I'm not a moderator or anything, but just a friendly reminder. You already posted this topic at the Arc forum here. Guess this would be considered cross posting which some folks frown upon around here.

Hey, I'm just sayin'.

Mike

pyro

Enlightened
i have two AAAs ,one with clip, and one without.
i dont like it very much as the light sticks out of
the pocket when using the clip, and the clip doesn´t stay
where it belongs, i´d like an arc4 style clip batter,
even better with a machined groove for the clip.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
Sorry Mike! I thought I'd get more responses here

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I kind of thought the same thing myself. Just trying to keep you out of trouble you anarchist you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I leave the clip on even though it just rides in my pocket. It has come in handy when I did need to use it hands free. I clipped it to my collar while flying home when I found the light above my seat illuminated the seat next to me. There were no open seats, so moving was not an option.

Fortunately, I had 6 or 7 lights in my carry-on

Daniel

paulr

Flashaholic
I have the clip on it for occasional handsfree use. I don't use it that way often, but I had it off for a while, and got in a situation where I found I wanted it, so I put it back on.

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
No clip for me. Keychain, all the way.
cfttrig.jpg

McShawn

Enlightened
I installed the clips on my Arc4s but then removed them when I had one fall out of the pocket of some shorts. I hadn't thought about using the clip for handsfree applications, may have to put one back on.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DharmaBum said:
No clip for me. Keychain, all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too..Only my keychain also has a quick release so that I
can go light only.

juancho

Enlightened
Me,I have a lanyard, but I left the clip on, yesterday I was changing a switch in the wall and to work on it I clipped the light to my cap, so I can use two hands.
Worked like a charm.

Juan C.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep the clip. It acts as an anti-roll device. Rarely use it for other purposes, but it's nice to know it's there. I keep my Arc loose in my pocket. No lanyard. No key ring (prefer not to have keys on me all the time, but a small light is practically a requirement).

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use clip. I use belt anchor to clip my AAA to my belt loop, and the clip the light to my pocket. Serves as double retention.

Mattman

Enlightened
I've never clipped mine on to anything in the year I've owned it. I keep it loose in my pocket, so I kept the clip on to keep it from rolling away just like RonM does.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took my clip off as soon as I unpacked it from the shipping material. I carry it in my watch pocket bare,no lanyard.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I have used the clip for the ball-cap headlight trick. I also find that the light will clip to the edge of a shirt pocket (clip down, head up) and the pocked will fold over slightly until the Arc hangs roughly horizontal.

I have also clipped it to my collar, sleeve and watchband.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clip? What clip? Oh yea, that one...the one that's been rattling around on this desk for the last year or so...

I don't use it, but then again, my Arc's firmly attatched to my keychain, so it wouldn't be much use. I can see that it might be handy in some situations though.

I'd say if there's a chance you'll need it, keep it. If not, take it off. Only takes seconds to remove/reattach it!