Things that DON'T WORK

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things that DON\'T WORK

Dumb or thoughtless designs. People with no real brains design this stuff. The designers wouldn't use the product.

A paper towel dispenser that uses arms in compression to hold the paper towel roll in place. You pull a towel and give it a quick snap to separate the towel from the roll. Noooo, it doesn't work like that. The compression arms let go of the towel roll and you have the roll unraveling all over the kitchen floor. I hate when that happens.

How about the pre-school that allow sick kids to come and infect the whole world? I've been fighting a severe head cold and haven't been able to stay at work for over an hour a day for the last week because my wife took my son to pre-school for one day. He went Monday, started coughing on Wednesday, I started coughing on Friday and a week later my son and I are doped up with medicine trying to survive.

Do you know how hard it is to roll up paper towels when you are doped up? That doesn't work either.

Do you know how hard it is to type when you are doped up?

Sorry, I had to rant a little. I need to find the tissue dispenser now and leave the towel rack alone.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Re: Things that DON\'T WORK

Air fresheners-both the regular ones and the plug-in types

Most children's "action" toys.

Internet "accelerators"

Get rich by working at home pyramid schemes

Most other "work at home" schemes

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn copier machines. We've used plenty at work, all different brands, some quite expensive and they all jam.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
Congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Congress works waaaaay too much. IMO gridlock causes less damage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jack_Crow

Enlightened

Hi all,
Things that don't work, not exactly easy.

Anything produced by Microsoft.
Every one of their products are over complicated and have major bugs.

If Bill Gates is not the anti Christ,
he is close enough to be his inlaw.

CQAM AM Stereo.
Another fraud dumped on the US public by big business vs small business. (I used to work for Mr. Kahn and is ISB AM stereo, yes I am a modulation snob!)

Automotive 'power antennas'.
Nobody has ever been able to make one that lasts the life of the car. They all fail, and they all are a ***** to get at.

Peace Keeping Operations.
Another fraud is to keep troops between two sides who view each other as sub human. It's just a matter of time before one side will eliminate the other.

More when I think of it.

Jack Crow in Iraq

coachbigdog

Enlightened

"Lose weight while you sleep", the thigh master,any of Liza Minelli's(sp?) marriages

Saaby

Flashaholic

If Microsoft made vacuums, it would be the first product they produced that didn't suck. I get to say that, I work for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif their internal customer database sucks too.

Printing in 10.3 Server.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

my mom's dohc 3.0 v6 in her minivan

you would not believe how far you have to take it apart to replace the water pump.
It failed 14 days and 300 miles out of warranty.

the only things left attached to the engine were the cylinder heads exhaust manifolds-oil pump and pan.

the entire 3 piece intake manifold has to come off
to get at 1 bolt.

It has a lifter that takes a while to pump up(mobil 1 synthetic might have sorta solved the lifter problem) I wanted to look for it but she did not want to pay for the extra parts.
(you can have your old cams and lifters re plated)
I am not going to tear it apart this winter.

I wanted her to run synthetic oil a long time ago
she had to wait untill it had 70,000 miles on it.
It runs great now but the new distributor cap I put on it was firing 2 cylinders at the same time.
(internal short)

I thought I had the cam timing wrong.

it has the smallest ignition coil I have ever seen
I wonder if I can put a bigger one on it.
I will have to get a schematic for the circuit that fires it.

and the lack of torque specs on some of the brackets etc amazed me

I called Chrysler and mitsubishi
finally I just used a chart I have for general torque spec's for specific fasteners types and sizes and fastened material.

I also looked at my repair manual for my w41 ho quad four to see what gm says to torque similar fastener doing similar jobs were tourqued at.

I drove my grandfather to riddle oregon
over 400 miles round trip-85 90 miles per hour.
so I think it works

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i bought a thing from biglots it said bring a can down to freezeing in 1 minutes so i buy it it was 1 buck 50 cents lol ya had to add ice to it and put suction cup on can then it spined it in ice now i think of it it did work ok ner mind lol

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

raggie did you ever fix the current shunt problems in your digital multimeter ?

raggie33

*the raggedier*

nah i got another one from radio shack that was on sale for 19 bucks if i recall it is much better

BF Hammer

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
Damn copier machines. We've used plenty at work, all different brands, some quite expensive and they all jam.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Dr. Evil style LOL] If they don't jam all the time, I don't have employment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

lightemup

Flashaholic*

Fly screens on submarines,
Deck chairs on submarines,

Well that's what Australia found out anyway during the Collins Class Submarine trials /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Things that DON'T WORK:

The car with locking doors when you put the car transmission in drive but DOES NOT unlock the car door when you put the car transmission in park. That is very frustrating!

gregw45

Newly Enlightened

Television commercials.
Radio commercials.
Telemarketers.
Billboards.
Pop-ups.
Spam.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif