Inova X5 vs X5T

junior

Enlightened
Greetings again folks!

What is the difference between Inova X5 and X5T?

Thank's

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
I have both. The x5 is the original model. THe bats loaded from the top, it was a little bit slimmer and had a fluted shell. the "T" is the only one avail now and it has the twisty tail with the tactical momentary thingy...There ya have it, the "T" stands for thingy

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tequila has it covered... just to make it clearer, the twist on/off for the X5 is located at the bezel, and the X5t has a twist on/off and press momentary tailcap instead. The 'T' is for Tactical as B2p has said, and its termed tactical cos the tailcap allows for momentary push on as compared to the original one which didn't.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My X5T, which I really like, needs the tail cap screwed in quite close for the momentary push button to work. Just pushing on the tail cap will engage the light when adjusted like that. Is this normal? I find that the tactical switch on mine is not as easily engaged as a G2, Scorpion, TL-2 etc.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jayflash,
My momentary button will work till aprox 3/4 to 1 turn from seated. The light is designed to have a lockout to prevent opp while in a pocket or lugage. This is a normal and desirable feature of this and many other lights.
I too like my tl-2 switch better but it never truely "locks out"... All my switches work differently, but the inova x series do require more effort. I also leave the cap screwed pretty close to ease switch opperation.

Azure

Newly Enlightened
Yeah... On the X5T, you need to push the button down pretty hard and keep firm pressure on it to prevent intermittent dimming. If you don't unscrew the tailcap too much from the constant on position then that can help too.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wish those folks at Inova would put a pocket clip on some their units! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif