Diamond LED bulb replacement question

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone care to comment on this product? Looks like there's a whole line (1,3 and a 5 watt) of these things here. How does it (they?) compare to the direct drive 3-D mag mods folks have been doing. How do you like it? Would you get another one?

Seems to be some conflicting reports/speculation about these units from previous posts. I just want to know thumbs up or thumbs down?
Mike

coachbigdog

Enlightened
ledmuseum has a write up on it on his website,BUT the company that sells them bites! It took me forever to get what I ordered from them,then it was messed up.I called them and he said he'd call me back.It's going on 2 weeks now.NEVER AGAIN.Not even if it were free.And I'm NOT kidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 5W drop-in has terrible thermal management. Based off Craig's (the LED museum) review, their design has the 5W greatly exceeding thermal specifications. I will bet it has a very short life.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I evaluated the 3 watt version, and measured a lamp temperature of 203°F (95.0°C) after 20 minutes.
Current usage was 757mA on alkaline D cells.

Let's see here...o yea my page about it is right here if anybody is interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif