• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 3x5W UV1V Mag drop-in module

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
I had a hard time choosing between this module and a 3x3W module of mine, but I need the $$ right now so I have to sell one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif. This is a true drop-in and is ready to use without modifying the switch/bulb pedestal in your Mag. It was built with Buy2Eze's homemade Mag heatsink adapter + 3x 5W binned UV1V LuxVs, direct drived. The emitters were taken off their stars and AA'ed directly onto the heatsink. Diameter of the heatsink is tight fit on the Mag bezel to help dissipate heat, and it does a pretty good job at it since the whole bezel heats up fairly quickly.

front.jpg

back.jpg

bezel.jpg

These Leds are originally on the greener side, but the direct drive gives a good white tint. The high Vf allows voltage overdrive without guilt... I've been feeding this module off of 2x LiIons in a Mag 2C. I'm selling the module only so you have the choice for your host... 2x PILAs, LiIons, 3xCR123s, or 6x AA NiMhs!
The light output is a huge flood, but with a noticeable hotspot with the SO17XA reflectors. Fraen optics work quite well too. I'm asking for $90.00 shipped Priority Mail CONUS, international will add a few extra $$. If you want the 3 new S017XA reflectors as well, please add $15.00 also. I prefer Paypal non-cc but can accomodate.
I'm still trying to find a good way to take beamshot pics, it's such a huge, bright amount of light, it almost looks like a flash setting on my camera! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Please PM or e-mail me at the address in my profile if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: 3x5W UV1V Mag drop-in module

Yes it will FIT in your 5D... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif More seriously, these are direct drive, so even if you run on 5Ds alkaline, voltage would be 7.5V at max, which is a bit lower than these Leds Vf, so it would power up but wouldn't look as bright. 6Ds would work better for the brightness wow factor, as 6AAs in a 2D, or 3xCR123s in a Mag 2C for ex.
I've been running this module on 2x LiIONs, which gives me peaked voltage at 8.4V, same as 6 rechargeable AAs or Ds, and each Led was taking 1.2A at that intial voltage, then slowly dropping. 3x5W pushed at 1.2A each... that's a lot of lumens!

raggie33

*the raggedier*

that is very cool id guess like 350 lumens

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

Edited original with price drop.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pehaps a pic versus your car headlights on the wall of a building will help to clear up how good this Helios knock-off really is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

Heh, UV is the bin code for those white leds. I thought you had made a 15 watt ultraviolet module. Whew!

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

hehe, no it's just the bincode... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. SOLD, thanks Zippo!