has anyone used this 342 lumen light before?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need to find someone who understands incan efficiencies better than I do. It would be easy to debunk these claims in terms of lumens per watt, because these lights would have to achieve unheard-of efficiencies to put out so much light with so little power. There are only so many amps and volts you can get out of a given lithium cell, or cells, and then there are only so many lumens you can get out of a given watt.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
3v @ 54 lumens? Probably bulb lumens. Probably for the first 1 second of the entire runtime only. Maybe less, as the voltage sags down to normal running levels...

6v @ 163 lumens... now these claims are a bit off.. Assuming you have a lamp life of 1 hour (read carefully, lamp life, not light runtime), for a super efficient bulb, you might make it with the above specs. Nope, maybe if you're using a Lux 5 W< bin... maybe....

I read somewhere on the forum (sorry to whoever posted that, can't remember your name at the moment) that 123s have 0.5 volts voltage drop per 1 amp of load. Gah... why do I even bother trying to debunk these claims... =p

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because you belong to the Way of the Phoenix and it is your duty to safeguard the flame.. err, the hot wire? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you read the "info" page, they use lifestyle facination to fill all orders. Just get them there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

rstones1964

Newly Enlightened
If you put an MN61 in an M4 (12 volts), Surefire says it's output is 350 lumens. It seems that the output of the 12 volt light in question would be achieveable...