7 Lamps with 1 AAA battery?

Empath

Flashaholic
I first noticed this flashlight in a Lifestyle Fascinations catalog I recently got.

ai889_LARGE.jpg

It's suppose to have 7 Lamps, using either 3 red LEDs or 3 white LEDs at a time, with an additional incandescent. The big puzzle is it's claimed to only use one AAA battery. Has anyone run across it?

Description

Brock

Flashaholic
Oh darn, now I want to order one. I am really in to the idea of a regular beam along with LED's. I keep telling myself to save my pennies for the A2...

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Slick looking little lights. Wonder how long they'd run on a single AAA? What price were they asking in your catalog?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were $49.95. The lifestyle Fascinations catalog appears to want you to think the batteries are good for 100 hours, by stating that LED lights are appreciated for their 100 hour battery lives. We both know that's not the case, don't we?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
Oh darn, now I want to order one. I am really in to the idea of a regular beam along with LED's. I keep telling myself to save my pennies for the A2...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they're able to make a decent incandescent that runs on one AAA they've accomplished what I've not seen in any other light; even without the six LEDs.

I'm a bit skeptical of the functionality of these lights. But, even if they aren't everything we'd want, there's bound to be some useful engineering involved in their efforts.

Empath

Flashaholic
Three AAA batteries does sound more reasonable, Bart. However, the light described in that thread has too many differences. Perhaps it's made by the same manufacturer, but it's not the same light.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Empath,
you're right of course, that was my thought also. It is just for comparision. The one in the thread isn't titanium either, but I'm having troubles sometimes converting dutch into english
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

grin.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
Oh darn, now I want to order one. I am really in to the idea of a regular beam along with LED's..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its incandescent lamp is very yellow and I don't think that you'll like it. The body itself is very sturdy and heavy though. It's also brighter than minimag since it uses 3AAA. The same manufacturer creates different variations of the product for different marketeers.

Alan

Latest posts