Now why wouldn't an extention tube work?

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
Now why wouldn\'t an extention tube work?

OK, there. If I haven't tagged myself as someone nearly hopelessly uninformed yet, then maybe I stand a chance of figuring this out.

I have a Surefire E1e and a Dspeck 123 extention tube. But when you add it and another 123, nothing. No light. No spraks. No conspicuous arcing. No burning smell.

I know the previous owner had the same experience. But in a moment of hubris I boguht it thinking, "I can fix it."

Yeah sure.

So I come to you, the experts. Is it just a matter of brushing the threads. They appear to be completely free of anodizing. Is there something else I could look for?

You guidance will be very much appreciated and yes, I may even learn something useful here.

Thank you.

(If it's helpful, I can post detailed shots of the extention tube)

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
Re: Now why wouldn\'t an extention tube work?

I fixed it.

At least it works now. A little extra fine wet/dry sanding on the topmost threads did it. It works now.

akula88

Enlightened

Russ,
I have had that initial operational problem with the 123-cell extender.
My problem was on the ground contact due to the tightness of the tread/o-ring. I did this -- REMOVE both o-rings of the the E1e-body (bezel side) and that of the extender. Install back the extender to the body -- tightly, then the bezel, also tightly. Light works. I return each o-ring, one at a time, isolating the problem. I forgot which o-ring was the tighter one, but this was eventually solved when I increase the tightening pressure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened

I think you may be right as well. I know that sounds odd but I also tightened the heck out of it in putting the light back together. And, it works. Either way, happy result!

Thanks Akula.