gave my self heart atack

raggie33

*the raggedier*
holly molly i was so scared electricity went of and when it came on my answer mchine that has been broke since i got it talked lol i had door open cause it was raining and i anted freash air and i also have this room sepeated with a tarp to make it easier to cool in summer so i couldnt see front door . theni figured what it was and i laughed lol oddy enough answer machine works now and i had good timeing for once lol i was editing a movie which is a very very long process and if coupmuter went out before i finnsed id have to start over. but it must of been just finsed when power went off

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Yeah, my answering machine used to scare me all the time.

I'd be in the kitchen, alone, and then all of a sudden somebody would be talking to me. It would scare the crap out of me. In that one brief second there would be fear, recognition, relief, and then laughter.

I sleep during the day, so my phone ringer would be off. I wouldn't know there was a phone call until a message was being left.

Now all I have is a cell phone, so I'll probably live longer.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have a dial-up connection, so I don't have to worry about answering machines or jangling telephones.
My cellular telefon rings only very infrequently, and it's usually a friend calling - the number is displayed when the call is coming in and I recognise it at once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I have a dial-up connection, so I don't have to worry about answering machines or jangling telephones.
My cellular telefon rings only very infrequently, and it's usually a friend calling - the number is displayed when the call is coming in and I recognise it at once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Caller ID is a must.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Caller ID is a *MUST* in any home or cellular telephone plan I get.
Like PlayboyJoeShmoe says, it determines how or even if I answer the telephone.

I have a telephone answering machine, but it's not connected because I use a dial-up ISP which is connected from approximately 8:00am to 10:30pm daily, seven days a week, 365 days a year - 366 days on leap years.