Pictures: Arc AAA vs. Mount Katahdin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, i finally got a chance to take pictures, a week later than i originally planned, but they're here. a little bit of an update, i can no longer take the battery out. iunno why, since i got it out once. but no more. i'll have to figure something out.

Edit:
also, i'd like to add, that originally i got the battery out with a knife, by digging it out. after finding the light worked fine with a new battery, i figured why not use up the old battery? long as it wasn't leaking right? it was conformed to the dents of the Arc AAA body, so it fit like a glove. however, now, today i tried to take the battery out to take pictures, and i can't get it out with the knife i used b4. this is driving me INSANE!

first, here is the link to the album - http://photobucket.com/albums/v150/eslin

and second, here are a few teasers -
this is a shot of my Arc AAA before the incident (pretty huh?):
ArcAAAbefore1.jpg

and here is an after picture (yes, it still works!):
ArcAAAbeam1.jpg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite impressive. It amazes me that the battery came out the first time. That thing looks really bent. It still is lighting up, which is really impressive.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, i'm editing my post to talk about that.

i got it out once, and back in again. that was a really bad idea i guess. 'cause now i can't get the battery out a 2nd time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
could i have bent the light even more on one of its "stress points" when i threw it in my backpack for the trip home?

that doesn't seem likely, and looking @ the pictures, getting the battery out that first time doesn't seem likely either. but it came out and went in again! i swear!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet Peter would like to see that light...he'd be very proud his lights can survive so much damage and still work.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd be happy to send it in to him if he wants to take a look. would it be safe to ship with the battery tho? i'll have to get this thing back out sooner than later.

Edit:
or actually, i could probly straighten it out somewhat with a hammer, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
You could just take the head off when you ship it. Put both pieces in a plastic bag.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, that'd prevent anything too violent from going on. but i worry about the Post Office and how they handle things. would it be packed in 120º heat or something?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Could just use it till the battery dies then send it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Edit: Of course it could still leak so I dunno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
damnit, i can't frickin' figure this out. first time, i popped it out with the knife. then i whapped the battery back in with my Blaster 3 (hammer style, ha).

it wasn't @ all EASY but it still happened!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
err, do you have a drill? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

light looks crazy btw! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
a drill?? sheesh.

if you think that looks crazy, you should see how crazy it looks when i hand it to someone and ask them to turn it on and it proceeds to light right up! haha

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery is almost certainly slowly leaking in there after it got all dented and it's gluing itself inside.

Don't bother to pry it out, send it to Peter in 2 pieces he'll love to see that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The online ablum asked me for a password so I couldn't view it.

Looking at the pictures you posted here, I see quite a few scratches and dents on the housing. Based on what we understand about what kind of trauma is takes to damage the HA, I would say this light repeatidly hit the ground at high force. I count over a half dozen hits against gravel or even more against flat surfaces. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

And yes, my offer to trade still stands.

Peter

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
yeah. it's Peter's if he shows up to claim it. i'm sure he'd enjoy picking @ it.

nice little conversation piece, @ least. haha

[/ QUOTE ]
Too late. You already rejected Peter's offer in the other thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif.
Just playing. I am sure Peter will make good on his offer to exchange it for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Edit: See I told you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, if you need my info to view the album, try "eslin" as the sign in name and "password" as the password. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but i'll promise you can get the first-hand look @ it. i'll send it in like some others have reccomended--in two pieces. insured/signature confirmation + a short note.

i think there might be some dirt making it look slightly worse than it really is. in fact, the two BIG dents in the Arc AAA have less HA3 removed than some of of the smaller dents. if only i had an up close, slow-motion recording of the Arc AAA's fall.

also, i don't require a trade in on this 'cause i feel kinda bad about it. i was being an idiot when i was fumbling with my keychain and dropped it. maybe i could weasel some repairs on my LSL outta you tho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Life, you were right. Peter is definitely good to his word. he'd probly have offered a straight up exchange even if this light had been bent cleanly in half! haha

kubolaw

Enlightened
Neat! I'm actually amazed that the Arc AAA received such a big dent - I would have thought that the terminal velocity of such a lightweight light would be insufficient to cause such an impact. Actually, I'm even more amazed that you were able to find the light after it dropped.

Thanks for sharing!

John

KingSmono

Enlightened
LOL, I honestly thought that this thread was going to be a heads up competition between an Arc AAA and the AAA Peak LED version! (Since they seem to name ALL of their stuff after mountains and what not...) I was all ready for a show-down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.