Newbie looking for a very specific light.

AMoore04

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 2AA luxeon producing a narrow beam of no less than 40 lumens, the tail end must also be thin enoough to get between my teeth as I tend to use it for several minutes in a pinch. Xenon lights are easyer to find in this format but for the price a regulated luxeon would be best. it could be production or a good mod somone would be willing to sell. I'm very satisfied with the beam size and light output of my UK 4AA but hard use has destroyed it in under a year. Thanks.

AMoore04

Newly Enlightened
ElectroLumens push circuit will run two hours on two AA, I think thats reasonable.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a Steam Light Luxeon Jr. I carry mine in a pouch on belt in does fit in mouth when needed. It only takes 2 aa so VERY practical. Try www.Brightguy.com to check it out

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Best Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Metal flashlights can be rough on the teeth...maybe consider a luxeon headlamp? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

AMoore04

Newly Enlightened
Thanks leuklos, for your suggestion, but I need somthing that will fit in my tool belt and I can hang on to while cable fishing. But again Thanks guys.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, would you consider the use of a headlamp? I think headlamps are plenty useful for handsfree situations and are sometimes under-appreciated. Check out the Princeton Tec Matrix 2 or Yukon HL, I think you'll be very surprised with the output on these...

Edit: Sorry, I should OPEN my eyes while reading others' posts next time... :p I see the headlamp has been covered already. Anyway, while not as bright, maybe the Tek-Tite Splashlite might be a nifty little light for your needs. Not sure if it covers your brightness requirement fully, but if you get the LED version, you get about 7-8 hrs on 1x123, and at the price from batterystation, you can get a couple more for backups as well!! Otherwise a Minimag converted with a sandwich might be good, and you can get one of those NiteIze 'bite-its' (I think thats what they're called) to fit onto the tailend so you can hold the light with your mouth. Otherwise a UKE2L is a great and bright light for its size as well. Hope this helps...

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
I want to second what Stanley wrote. If you've never used a headlamp, they're awesome. Try it. I think you'll find them much more convenient than you might think.

If you've tried and discarded the idea of a headlamp, I'd definitely consider one of the Pelicans or the Tektites. I would want to be chomping down on aluminum.

I have no idea of the Lumen output of either of the above. It should be difficult to find out though if you're interested.

Best of luck.

paulr

Flashaholic
40 lumens from 2aa is not realistic. There are some nice 2aa lights around but if you really need 40 lumens, try a 4aa xenon like a PT Tec 40.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a 3W sandwich dropin and a NiteIze mouth bite?

bitemain.jpg

http://www.niteize.com/lbite.html