Ultrastinger charging question??

Dizney

Newly Enlightened
While reading the Ultrastinger instruction manual I noticed that Streamlight recommends leaving the unit in the charger at all times.
Is this detrimental to the nicad batteries?

I also want to thank all the members of this board for having such a great place to discuss flashlights and related gadgets. It's nice to know that I'm not the only flashlight fanatic
grin.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont worry about it, the charger doesn't put out a lot of current, so the cells wont over charge...

--dan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dano:
Dont worry about it, the charger doesn't put out a lot of current, so the cells wont over charge..--dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
--any other opinions on this? has anyone actually ever done a test of this? Will a light's battery pack last longer if taken off trickle charge when it's full, even with the new sophisticated charging schemes?

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
Will a light's battery pack last longer if taken off trickle charge when it's full, even with the new sophisticated charging schemes?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on the charger. Most of my chargers for example do not trickle (normally), they just finish charging and if you leave the battery connected, it will just start to charge a little bit every few days (depending on the batterie's self discharge rate, which increases a lot when the cells get older).