• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Drop in HD Pill You've All Been Waiting For ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Drop in HD Pill You\'ve All Been Waiting For ..

Ok, for the last few months I've received all kinds of email requesting a high dome Luxeon drop in pill. The delay has been that you can't get the proper focus, or twist on/off operation with a standard flat top converter. The HD Luxeon needs to be elevated above the top of the battery tube lip for focus and twist on/off to work.

I've experimented with a small aluminum heatsink glued to the top of the pill, and that works, but is not easy at all to assemble. I had an idea to make a custom heatsink for the HD Luxeon to sit on top of the pill. However, for this to work properly, the conveter needed to be very thin. So the SMD was out, as it plus the heatsink was just too thick.

Also, if I was going to the trouble to make this custom heatsink, then I really wanted something a little more powerful and efficient for a converter. So, after much experimentation and many prototypes later, I made these:

minip4.jpg

This is 99% complete, with only a couple last changes being made to the heatsink to improve the twist on/off funtion reliability. This uses a slimline Lambda Pro Series regulator that makes even a Luxeon III scream bloody murder.

minip5.jpg

Desinged specifically for upgrading the MiniMag flashlight to super Luxeon performance, this self contained portable light engine can also be used in other 2AA flashlights or custom mods of your own. Super efficient and high power output yet this is a cool operating converter that doesn't add to the heat produced by the Luxeon.

I present the MiniPro III - Available Soon! (I swear)

minipro.jpg

As always, comments and suggestions welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rookie

Enlightened
Re: The Drop in HD Pill You\'ve All Been Waiting For ..

I want one!!!!

Patiently waiting......

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice.
Are you ready to receive PP now?
I have a very special mag just waiting for one of these.

mut

raggie33

*the raggedier*

sweet any idea on price

cy

Flashaholic
Re: The Drop in HD Pill You\'ve All Been Waiting Fo

next in line..

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lambda, how do you find time to do all these wonderful light things? From reading the graph it looks like the converter is current regulated? How's the brightness compared to a stock Min*mag? Is this pill going to be a regular run or a limited edition?

How do I get at least one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

kobane

Newly Enlightened

can it work on a single AA cell (eg jim's modded mini-minimag) ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Wow Kev, very nice! Please put ME down for one too!!!

(would appreciate an e-mail or PM though, I don't get to check back too often nowadays!)

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
Lambda, how do you find time to do all these wonder light things? From reading the graph it looks like the converter is current regulated? How's the brightness compared to a stock Min*mag? Is this pill going to be a regular run or a limited edition? How do I get one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we can safely assume that it will blow the stock incan. away as this is a 3W LuxIII.

Put me down for one please. Waiting for pricing info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I want one also!

Would you possibly sell the HS seperately? I want to do a DD Red MM mod also but Don't have a heatsink.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast

Goodness Kevin!! People like you make the poor poorer! Can't wait to see the final result! Great work as usual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MenaceSQL

Enlightened

Ditto what Justintoxicated said about the HS.

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened

What is the operating range on one of these? I have a handful of SAFT Li 14500 cells that are 3.6V primaries, and a 1AA tube Terralux body. But, will this pill handle an input V of 3.6 or slightly higher?

Thanks.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh Lord, I am so overcommited as it is. Hi Lambda, long time no talk to you! Hope you are doing well. Please put me down for one and I will email you to work out payment details.

Oh and one question, how much current is the LED recieving?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

So THAT's it... that's why my modded minim*g reflector won't work on my Madmax. It don't reach up high enough to get to the reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

I don't know how I'll ever afford it, but put me on the list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Afterall, it IS for a 3W pill driven nicely.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

I might as well get in line for one also! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.