stream light twin task lithium

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I just picked a 2 cell lithium twin task. I love having two lights in one, and the brightness is perfect. Now a few questions:Do the leds dim as the bat wears? or is it regulated?; How does brightness compare to other 2 cell lithium lights in the led and xenon department? Where online has the best servic and prices on batteries? What is the boards opinion on this light? I searched but couldnt locate any threads pertaining to this light, can yall point me towards any threads? Basically EDUCATE me on this light, good bad evil waht ever!

LAter guys!! snapper

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see.

1. The leds are not regulated, but you won't experience much dimming until the end.
2. The leds are as bright or brighter than other similar led lights I've seen. It's very nice, and quite useful.
3. The xenon is more of a flood than spot, and is a bit dimmer than a few other 2 cell lights out there. But, it's still way more light than the led mode, and it's lower power consumption will make it last longer at more stable brightness.
4. CPF, in general, gives this light a Big Thumbs Up.
5. Search on 2L for threads. There are many.

I find my 2L is a great glovebox light, as the 123s are less effected by cold.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
Let's see.

1. The leds are not regulated, but you won't experience much dimming until the end.
2. The leds are as bright or brighter than other similar led lights I've seen. It's very nice, and quite useful.
3. The xenon is more of a flood than spot, and is a bit dimmer than a few other 2 cell lights out there. But, it's still way more light than the led mode, and it's lower power consumption will make it last longer at more stable brightness.
4. CPF, in general, gives this light a Big Thumbs Up.
5. Search on 2L for threads. There are many.

I find my 2L is a great glovebox light, as the 123s are less effected by cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfectly said, I like mine too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mike

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The only gripe anyone ever has, is you have to click through modes of light. Meaning you have to through LEDs to get to Xenon, or through Xenon to get to off.

Absolute Snobs will tell you to get a Surefire A2 (and pay through the nose for it!)

I have my 1L 2L and 3AA Twin Tasks all outfitted with Kroll clickie switchs. The 1 and 2 Ls had to be drilled and tapped to minim*glite size.

This allows me to leave the light in a desired mode (the LEDS are good for me at least 80% of the time) and get to light with one hand easily.

I and several others of us here have very high regards for Streamlight in general, and the Twin Tasks in particular!

snapper

Newly Enlightened
just out of curiosity, hoe does the surefire 69 compare in brightness??(i am guessing no contest) And how does the the 2 cell brinkman lithium light from wal mart compare to the 6p?? Oh, and and what is involved in installing a kroll switch??

Later guys!! snapper

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The Brinkmann light is quite bright. It's a bit bigger and heavier than it REALLY needs to be.

I don't know which Surefire you mean. If G2, 6P, or other that uses a p60 lamp, they make a nice flood/throw of a wall of bright light (often slightly oval shaped beam).

A kroll installs by screwing in just like a tailcap (on a MiniM*G, TT3AA, Garrity 2AA, or Streamlight Jr.). Or into threads that have been tapped into the tailcap of the TT2L or 1L.

Let me check something... try contacting BradN CPF member 2508 he runs http://www.paintballmaxx.com

He is the one who did my 2L and 1L caps.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is a real winner in my book.

I bought several for our beach trips for the kids, use the 3 LEDs for chasing crabs and such, and the nice semi-flood/spot for medium distance.

The Xenon is about 60-70% of the lumens of a 6P, or Scorpion, but has a couple of hours of run time.

A most useful light, as is the 3AA, 1/123, 3C, and 2D.