Cool little LED lights from waion

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waion just keeps coming up with more of these cool little LED lights and I am hooked on them. You can find his offerings on CPF's Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

His prices include postage from Hong Kong and are extremely modest. I've probably placed 5 orders and they always arrive within a week. If you're a nice guy, he'll include a little extra gift. I've received photon style key ring lights and some fun happy face pins that have all sorts of blinking colored lights

He is very pleasant and prompt.

Here are 3 of the 4 different lights I've bought from him.

Left in all photos is the new M-21 3xAAA (in a carrier) 21 LED. This is my favorite, stocky little fireplug of a light.

Middle is the 2x123, 16 LED Black Sun.

Right is the 3xAAA (in a carrier) 16 LED.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

In this bottom photo, I adjusted the camera so that you could see the individual LEDs lit up.
standard.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does, doesn't it? I bought one for my 6 year old so that he'd have "his own" and perhaps not want to play with mine as often. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those *are* cool. Might be good for added lighting in close up photography with all the point sources of light?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a "Pocket Eight/1 AA", and a "Pocket Twelve/1 AA". Nice workmanship. The LEDs are about half the brightness of the ones in an Infinity Ultra, or Dorcy 1/AAA, LEDs are recessed a bit, so not much spill. Good throw, twist on/off. Rather nice for a pittance, much better than the Dorcy for sure. I like them. Got them in just a few days from Hong Kong, don't know how he does that.

I got a freebie "thingy", that looks like a five pointed star (round points) white face with nothing other than five tiny little screws on the face, and some kind of a tiny circuit board showing between two of the "points". Has two little hearing aid type batteries, two little magnets, and I don't have a damn clue what it does, or how to get it to do something. The back of the thingy screws off, and the two batteries rest there, along with one tiny magnet. The other tiny magnet is stuck to the back, maybe to stick to the fridge ?

Mystery of the day, does anybody know what/how to make it come to life ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh2.gif

Heck, I may order some more lights just to see what "thingys" I get. This is fun.........

-----------

cypher2001

Newly Enlightened
turn the battery compartment all the way in. I believe the "screws" are little smt LEDS. It should flash. (I think)

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
The"thingie" is something Waion is nice enough to include in his orders. Frankly, it's utterly but pretty cool nonetheless. I do have to ask when the last any seller of anything just "threw something in" on a deal not even asked for. Kind of nice actually.

As for the lights, I have two of them. Both of them were well worth the money but as well, worth no more. I think I'm hypersensitive to issues of fit and finish. Maybe I'm just only happy with something I know is exceptional (depsite a much higher price) but I think two is enough for lights in this class.

One more thing about Waion, I would recommend his as a seller unconditionally. He is extremely conscentious, has great communication and ships as fast as many US sellers I've dealt with. It's as though he's just across the country, not around the globe. He's great.