barking dogs rant!!!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
darn neebers man i dislike these people!there damn dog barks all day.barks all night,it barks just to bark,they take no care to remedy this i seldem get rest,i mean thesse people are in the 50.s there old enough to take respbilty of things to be considrate of others but yet they do nothing im so close to going over there .but i dont handle that stuff well. but yet i take repbilty of my dogs.they dont bark unless someone trys to enter my property. this seems like a small issue but these house are very close to one another.and i can barey here my tv i always wake to that yappy little dog.dog is dum as a box a rocks he always growls at my dog my dog ignores him to one day the darn dog got in my yard some how i found it hideing under porch,lol my dog hates that dog cause it growls at me when im in my back yard.,thease morons sit in there darn porch swing 3 feet from dog it sits there barking at them they do nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: rant!!

I've heard of an audio device that is triggered by the sound of a dog barking. It's frequency is too high for humans to hear, but dogs can. It's apparently a sound they find unpleasant. Eventually the dog is suppose to form the association with the sound only coming on when he barks, and soon stops, just so he doesn't have to listen to the device.

It's all theory, and maybe a little bit of marketing hype; I don't know. It could be handy.

Ah! I found it online, right here.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i have something along that lines. for my dog when he was a puppy he liked to jump up. ya aim it at him and it makes a sound he dislikes . well snoop first time i clicked it sure didnt like it took 1 or 2 times then all i had to do is carry it .llol he is very smart .lol ya outa see me try to spray the anti fly meds on his head he can smell it even if i try to hide it lol. but my other dog he aint so smart when i used the noisy thing on him he just fraked out never related it to any thing but this is inda difent maybe ill try the one ya told me about.. i also saw this thing at big lots that made one of them sounds when ya back up ya car.it was 2 bucks or so i thought about rigiing it up near there dog and click it when he barks.id speak to the owners but i have a feeling it will be a waste of my time .

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow some one who hates barking dogs as much as I do kool.

I sorta solved my problem by digitally recording the dog and playing it back using a folded horn concert speaker
(altec lansing a7500 voice of the theatre)
so that they can listen to their dog any time I want them to. it drives their dog nuts.
I have a big but cheaper speaker out there now.
they take their dog inside now.
I do not mind 10 or 15 minutes of barking once in a while.
at least half of the dog owners I know(including my mom)
think that they have a right to have dogs that bark all night and all day for hours and hours.

I also have these tweeters that are very loud 115 db at 1 watt 1 meter and 300 watt rms continious with flat response to 30 khz using these was my next step.
I tried the police they were no help
the dog is 15 feet or less from my front room wall.
he is a very big lab.
the owners have a super clean home
they did not want the dog inside the house at all.
the dog would whine and bark all night long.
dogs are pack animals they do not want to be alone all night.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

I can't understand why everybody HAS to have a dog in the first place. If the thing barks all the time, clearly it isn't geting enough attention of some kind!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

I used to have one of THESE that I mounted on a tree pointing at a neighbors dog pen. He never let the poor creature into the house and took her for a walk twice while he lived there and so the poor thing was very noisy and unhappy.

I had this on a timer that turned it on for a few hours in the early morning adn for 2 hours when my daughter was trying to nap. The dog actually learned when not to bark in a hurry as I was very regular about when it was on.

it wasn't a miracle cure, it won't stop a dog actually barking at something, but just sitting there barking constantly as this poor creature used to do it did help a great deal.

d'mo

Enlightened

My parents have a pair of barking dogs next door. When the have company, the dogs are at their worst. They bought one of those ultrasonic bark suppressors and they really do work, but it has to be quite near the dogs for it's built-in microphone to pick up the dog's noises. A few barks and the dogs make a hasty retreat.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

this dog is so dum .he barks at his owners. it is so easy to train a dog. snoop he only barks when there is something to bark at .when snoop barks most people look to see why. i run out side with my lights im glad he has a diff sounding bark.but thase morons next door they sit on this darn swing chairr thing and the dog raises hect barking at them very high pitched. they dont corect him at all.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a shame, poor pooch. Yeah, why do so many people have dogs that they ignore? Most dogs need daily RUNNING, off the leash. Most people cannot or will not provide that necessary exercise for their dogs. Many dogs develop emotional problems due to lack of enough running free and so many communities don't provide areas for this.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
What a shame, poor pooch. Yeah, why do so many people have dogs that they ignore? Most dogs need daily RUNNING, off the leash. Most people cannot or will not provide that necessary exercise for their dogs. Many dogs develop emotional problems due to lack of enough running free and so many communities don't provide areas for this.

[/ QUOTE ]o ya reminded me a something one time i was ouside when her other x hubby still lived there he was a ok guy. i was helping with his car ,dog is barking like hect i say what is the matter with ya dog he says he is hungry . im like well maybe ya should feed him. he says we ran outa food yesterday for him. so a course i give him food.

udaman

Banned
Re: Barking dogs, rant!!

Say raggie,

If you could edit the thread title, you would have gotten many more replies. I think my neighborhood is some kind of 'Devil's Triangle/Bermuda' for the amount of barking dogs, and generally self-absorbed, inconsiderate, selfish, lousy neighbors. It's like there is some unknown force that attracts those kind of people to this area (an X-files phenomena?). Well you know there are nuisance laws, but getting them enforced is not so easy. Suing in small claims court over this nuisance, not always successful. The City of Los Angeles, City Attorney's office now has a pilot project to handle barking dog complaints in the West Los Angeles Division (where I live, woohoo; LOL). TV news crews covering this new program, one of the very 1st cases (they have non-binding alternative dispute resolution mediator try to find a solution between offending dog owners, and suffering neighbors...again, LOL), and the woman complaining was saying she did not have much hope, being that she had already tried to get relief from the courts. Pretty laughable, the offending neighbor; woman and her teenage children show up with her version of the story that "I did not think they (her 2 dogs) were that much of a problem". Yeah, them types of people are absolutely stone deaf!!! How the hell they manage to sleep through all of that barking is beyond me (umm, maybe they have soundproof bedrooms and use ear plugs? while they leave their barking dogs out all night long).

I'm wondering if those high-frequency devices work in noisy city environments, as I live right next to the freeway and there is so much background noise, will the dogs be irritated enough by one of these to stop barking? And if they have such limited range, why don't the manufacturers make one that can put out enough high-frequency sound that reaches 200-ft or so (heck for my neighborhood, I need a minimum range of 1 kilometer, LOL). Why is there not a better built in microphone with adjustable sensitivity for picking up the dogs bark from greater range?

Ah, I know why dog owners don't attend to their noisy beasts that need attention. Umm, well they have now, these services where you can have a professional dog trainer show up at your residence to train the dogs. Only problem is that most of the time it's the lousy, inconsiderate dog's owners that need the training!

There was this hilarious HD movie "Welcome to the Neighborhood" presented at last year's HDfest in Los Angeles, and I think this independent (produced by well known daytime TV soaps writing team) movie got picked up by Showtime or HBO? Anyway, if you ever get the chance to see it on cable, near the end of the multi-story movie, we have a married couple with the wife working on her computer from home, and she practically loses her mind with the barking dog, one street over in the canyon of a Hollywood Hills home. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291561/

Superbly acted by Tim DeKay (recently seen as Rev. Keyes in Everwood), as the impossibly difficult dog owner. I won't tell you the about the hilarious, 'fooled you' ending scene, in case you ever get the chane to see it.

You get this book by the Nolo press, and it tells you LA has the model of dog barking laws in the country. LOL, easier said than done lengthly bureaucratic process. So this neighbor from hell with the barking dog says the same thing virtually all dog owners say "No my dog does not!" "He only barks when there is something he hears to bark at". Oh yeah, sure; so these dog owners go out for dinner or partying, or whatever and their dogs just light up into non-stop barking sometimes for hours. Some are barking at other sounds, squirrels, birds; but many just bark because they want attention just like a young child/baby. And do they ever howl/cry for attention when their owners are gone, might as well be living around a pack of wolves the howl so loud. Then when the owners come home, there is that happy bark they give. Typical, unconditional love we get from "mans best friend". Yeah, that's why you have pets instead of children. Children are very high maintenance, and you don't get unconditional love from them. Same with other humans, you never get unconditional love from g/f or b/f, or spouses, or humans in general. So we have our pets to fulfill that need of a 'friend' who always gives you unconditional love. Uh, well there are always exceptions like this one, hehe.
Dog Bites Off N.M. Man's Genitals

Right now I have this tall hottie of a Chinese-American (can't speak a word of Chinese, but only associates with her 'own kind') 30' something year old spoiled and pampered princess of a neighbor. She just got this oh so cute lovable little dog just like Michelle Kwan's & Ginseng/Tofu . Except, when she goes out every night with her b/f or doesn't come home until well after 10PM at night, she sometimes lets the little ******* to roam freely outside in the backyard. It will bark at any sound, but goes berserk when other dogs start barking. Such a little beast with the worst, coarsest sounding (vocal cord damaged?), gravelly bark you could possibly imagine. Think of how painfully annoying a person who intentionally takes their fingernails and scrapes them on a green/black chalkboard sounds. I think I'm going to develop a nervous twitch in my eye! Unfortunately, this particular neighbor and I, have a pre-existing dispute going on, so I can't get into the dog barking with her--- she already knows I hate barking dogs (I mean, during the daytime, if it's not constant; I can put up with some noise, you expect that living in a city environment).

Then there are those neighbors who go on vacation and just leave enough food and water outside for their friggin dogs! Then there was this other, ummm ethically correct, and guy friends of my hottie 'princess' neighbor who have lots of money in the family. They own 2 homes in the neighborhood a block apart. Yet they have abandoned one home, as one property has a brand new home built on it; but the other will sometime in the future be torn down for a new one also. But get this, they leave their friggin dog in the old home (what as security? there was nothing inside of the home to steal, get a silent alarm for security!) with just food and water outside in the backyard. The damned dog barks at cars driving down the street, and people walking, at any sound; but worst of all is that it would howl/cry for attention well past midnight. This went on for 6 months, before they moved it or something. Do these people know that their dogs bark loudly when they are not there. Answer is that they do not care about anyone else other than themselves, hey, they are not there and so the sound does not bother them. Heck, I saw one of the guys working on the back gate to the property and his damned dog was just barking and he does what other stupid dog owner's do. Hell yelled at it "Be quiet!", and of course the dog kept barking...dumbass, the dog is not human, hasn't been trained to not bark, doesn't understand English or Chinese---I mean, what a bonehead!

Seems to me that it's a good idea to make a quality recording of a barking dog, then get a high-power directional horn speaker, and when the owners of the dog get home to be greeted by their 'unconditionally' loving pet, they also get a nice blast of what you had to put up with when they were out! But then they'd probably get PO'd at you, and sue you in small claims court and win because the administrator or judge is a dog lovin biased fiend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Barking dogs, rant!!

what is amazing is my mom 4 labs 1 chow 2 poodles 2 other little dogs 4 cats
her yard is no bigger than mine good for 2 dogs at most
I would hate to be one of her neighbors

udaman

Banned
Silence is golden, silence is deafening; and I love it! Midnight on a Labor Day weekend, and not a single dog in my neighborhood barking, I have to pinch myself to make sure this is not a dream... or the Twilight Zone, the Outer Limits, etc.

G*ddamn, Holy ***t! I'm giddy from the intoxication of nothingness. I'll vote for the 1st president that enacted monthly holiday weekends. Blessed relief, do we need prayer...well not if this could happen all the time. I can't recall a Labor Day weekend when all of the neighbors were gone on holiday. It's eery, it's unreal, somebody wake me up from this heavenly dream. On second thought, you'll burn in hell of you do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem where I live (So Cal. area, Southbay). I contacted the local police. They went to the problem house. : /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The police also told me to contact the local animal shelter. The animal shelter sent them a letter, saying one of your neighbors are complaining about your noisy dog. That seemed to help a lot, no more noisy dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gifThe shelter said that if the dog continues to bark they will send somebody out from the shelter to talk them. ( I have not had to do this yet. ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif