Gmail Invites available

suppin

Newly Enlightened
I have about 4 gmails invites available for anyone who wants one, so post here and send me a pm with your name and email if you do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto... I have 4 invites. First 4 people to send me a PM with your first and last name, as well as current e-mail address will receive a Gmail account.

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
just curious, but what the heck is a gmail invite??. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to set up a (free) email account with Google's new Gmail system, you need a member to invite you. Members get a certain supply of invitations to share.

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened
Heve Gmail invites.

Send a First Name and Last Name you want to use and an e-Mail to send the invite....

verbie

Enlightened
i finally got those invites!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif as promised, i saved some for cpfers. anyone who wants one, pm me w/ ur first name, last name, and current email addy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JerryM said:
Is it any good? What makes it better than OL Express for instance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gmail has a limit of 1 gigabyte, which is HUGE, and you will most likely never need to delete a message. You can do a search of all your messages very easily.

Outlook express is a pop e-mail program. Gmail is through an internet browser, which makes checking your e-mail anywhere, really easy.

Gmail has the clean yet functional look of google's website. Give it a try for a few weeks, and decide if it is for you or not.

I sure like it!

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing you want to know about Gmail is that it scans your mail traffic looking for keywords. It then presents you with targeted (text-only) banner ads based on the keywords. Some consider this a scary violation of your privacy.

The benefit of allowing Google to do that means that they do not do most of the annoying things that other webmail providers like Hotmail and Yahoo do. Gmail does not advertise with popups or graphic banner ads, nor do they attach an ad to the bottom of your outgoing messages. The interface is quick and uncluttered. Plus the storage they give you is very generous as is the 9 month time limit for inactive accounts. And of course it is all free of charge to you.

I am not crazy about giving up privacy, but at least you are getting something valuable in return for a change. I like it.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everytime you type something into google it targets adds at you. Sure, e-mails are more personal, but no person is actually reading them.

Latest posts