Surefire L5 conversion to Incan?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Surefire F16 Infrared filter that will fit either Z2, C2, C3, G2Z, G2, 6P.. Since I just bought an L5, and the L5 is basically the same body as all those, can I use any of these bezels and a P60 lamp assembly to convert my L5 to an incan?

BTW, for those of you playing around with infrared, Luxeon LEDs have no Infrared frequencies and will NOT work with an infrared filter.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can use one of those heads and the P60 LA to convert the L5 to Incandescent. The L5 is pretty much an M2 body with the KL5 LED conversion head on it, instead of an SI bezel. Hope this helps

-Mike

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was Fast!! Thanks Xrunner for the info... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Now, to see if anyone has a Z2, C2, C3, G2Z, G2, 6P bezel and P60 for sale on BST.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome, a lot of times I've found the best place to get them is on ebay. Also one thing to note is that any of the bezels with the exception of the C2 and C3 ones will not match the HA-III finish of the L5 body. Some people don't like the looks of this at all, and some don't mind.

-Mike

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appearance won't be an issue here since I'm only getting this so I can use it for Infrared, which usually means that it will be very dark and mismatching HA3 shades shouldn't be obvious anyway.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest that if your intention is to use the F16 most of the time then a Lexan len bezel may suffer from over-heating.

The "C2" bezel with Pyrex Lens is called the Z44.

Al

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info.. So, I should be looking for a C2 or C3 bezel with Pyrex lens? Can the lens on a 6P bezel be removed?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok... So, with the lens NOT removable on the 6P bezel, I guess my best bet would really be the 2C and 3C bezels with Pyrex lens.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif