Can the Key-Lux n-cell be modified?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a new light from the TnC sight. Can this light be made brighter or with more throw? I know, I know, I don't even have the light yet, and I want to change it. But isn't that flashiholic way?

Anyway, I have no idea if anythign can even be done.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

cy

Flashaholic
limitation is with N-cell delivering more juice. It already delivers 3-4x more light than Arc AAA with a 60-70 min runtime.

this is one sweet package as is. We need to find a N-cell sized li-ion.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
That could be interesting. I wonder if we would lose the magic smoke inside though.

Oh, and I can't help it. I like super small and super bright. But the Key-lux does look cool. Only 3-4 times as bright as an Arc AAA? So maybe only twice as bright as a Photon with new batteries?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are NiMH N-cells to be had... that would be the power source of choice i believe to have more power... i have the peak 2n light and have 2 2n lithium batteries on order, but they are pretty pricy, so since the light came with a 'spare' empty head i'll be making some lux mod out of that.. maybe with 2 NiMH N batts i could get close to 2W out of it with the right driver... with 1.. i think you could get a watt.... i'll be doing some testing.

-awr